• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply @PACostag. I didn't mention the conditioning properties of VSC to keep my post neutral but I was def. thinking about that(glad you mentioned it). As you'd imagine, the VSC goes on much softer but dries up to create similar affect as the wax. It appears the VSC penetrates deeper & the Lincoln forms a shell on the surface.
So would you consider waxing the entire boot? I really enjoy the look as is but am quite tempted to give a light layer of product (vs. the quite heavy exp. application) with thorough buffing.
How was the application for both products? Never thought about Legal Eagles comment about wax possibly being difficult to get an even look from and being harder to apply

spurs61

Reaction score
Just got a pair of MPs - like them very much. There is some arch support in the MPs, more than in my RW IRs and my Alden Indys. But of course the arch support is not at all like what is found in other White's.

I too have set off airport metal detectors with White's boots and have had to put them thru x-ray. For that reason, I do tend to pack them if I can.

Hey guys got a question

Is the arch support dependent upon the last?

I know semi dress have great arch support and main Street have none

Does that mean MP's also have none (on the Barrie last)?

Can I assume any customisation with the last for MP's or Semi Dress alter the arch support?

Q2- I notice legal eagle got pulled up at the metal detector one day. Has anyone else been through them and set them off /had to put their boots through the x-ray?

chicken1616

Reaction score
How was the application for both products? Never thought about Legal Eagles comment about wax possibly being difficult to get an even look from and being harder to apply
I have been using the Saphir line of products, lately. They have stuff that covers about every aspect of boot care and polish, and many colors too.

Netvine

Reaction score
I have been using the Saphir line of products, lately. They have stuff that covers about every aspect of boot care and polish, and many colors too.

What colored saphir products have you tried? I have used the colored pommadier cream polish, but it seems a bit too waxy for use on unstructured portions like soft toes. I was hoping to find something like renovateur with black pigment. Any thoughts from anyone would be helpful!

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What colored saphir products have you tried? I have used the colored pommadier cream polish, but it seems a bit too waxy for use on unstructured portions like soft toes. I was hoping to find something like renovateur with black pigment. Any thoughts from anyone would be helpful!
If you are looking for a "black renovateur", I can recommend Colonil 1909... not French, but German, and a really good product.

Netvine

Reaction score
If you are looking for a "black renovateur", I can recommend Colonil 1909... not French, but German, and a really good product.

Thank You!!!

chicken1616

Reaction score
Medaille d'Or Pate De Luxe, the Pommadier, Beaute du Cuir Surfine, Universaille. Going to try the Amiral, too.

mr. burns

Reaction score
Got my Bounty Hunters back from White's. Took a little less than 2 weeks for a resole. Pretty happy with the work.

48909212888_0bd644a7e8_h.jpg

48909950607_40031f8635_h.jpg

48909950407_d5ca2dfb1a_h.jpg

chicken1616

Reaction score
I wouldn't. I guess this will be different for every individual pair of feet. The Swing last does have a lot of toe room but offers only medium volume in the midfoot/instep. For example, I have SD pairs in #38 Swing and #55, both in the same size/width of 13B. On my feet the #38 feels about one width narrower. It's a super precise fit around the instep while the 55 is a lot more generous.
Totally agree with this. Which is why it is imperative to do a lot of research, and ultimately, buy a cheap/used pair on ebay to try out first. EVERY foot is different.

mr. burns

Reaction score
That is fast! How do you feel about the quality of the work?

As with when they were brand new the heels aren't perfectly symmetrical but it's only the kind of thing you notice when they're fresh from the factory. When they were new one of the heels had much more of a shelf than the other, but once they got worn in a bit they looked the same.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads