• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

motojobobo

Reaction score
Thanks for your detailed and informative post TH3515.

My F-Rs are also on the 4811 last, which came as a standard option. Still my most comfortable boot by a WIDE margin over several others (Viberg, Wesco, Truman) and it appears that the main reason responsible for the comfort edge is White’s Arch Ease.

I need to try another White’s last with even more arch support than the 4811, such as the the 690 or 695 last, which I believe are only used on Packers? Anybody here who can comment comparing the comfort difference between the 4811 and the 690 (695) lasts?

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score
My Brown Waxed Flesh Bounty Hunter’s are freshly Resoled from Baker’s:
- 7 week turn around
- $159
- 700 comp half sole to the Vibram 430 mini-lug (which I’ve never had before).
- Dogger heel to +1/4” curved

I cannot understate how happy I am with the work Baker’s did. Stitching is fantastic, it’s even better than the original factory welt. It appears the leather was brushed thoroughly and the Waxed Flesh looks rejuvenated w/o any added product.
If you’re on the fence about getting soles redone; don’t hesitate. I’m really glad I got this done & look forward to sending in more pairs for this excellent service.

Last edited:

SouthNarc

Reaction score
My Brown Waxed Flesh Bounty Hunter’s are freshly Resoled from Baker’s:
- 7 week turn around
- $159
- 700 comp half sole to the Vibram 430 mini-lug (which I’ve never had before).
- Dogger heel to +1/4” curved

I cannot understate how happy I am with the work Baker’s did. Stitching is fantastic, it’s even better than the original factory welt. It appears the leather was brushed thoroughly and the Waxed Flesh looks rejuvenated w/o any added product.
If you’re on the fence about getting souls redone; don’t hesitate. I’m really glad I got this done & look forward to sending in more pairs for this excellent service.

I REALLY like the look of the untreated waxed flesh!

NorthCoast

Reaction score
Whats the difference between the dogger and the cuban heel?

What was the +1/4 on the dogger? Height?

miggyramone

Reaction score
I suck at explaining things but I'll try. The Dogger on my Nicks has a slope from the top of the heel to the bottom of the heel. The standard heel on White's SD/BH has more of a curve like a cuban heel but I think it's technically a woodsman/logger heel.

TH3515

Reaction score
Good work on the BHs. I agree that the heel shape is very nice. And good job wearing the 700 down the way you did – I find they are very durable, so you obviously put some miles on them.
The 1/4" could be the amount of taper – how much material is removed at the bottom of the heel compared to the upper edge. But I'm just guessing...

Iotapa

Reaction score
Anyone have pics of an MP boot in horsehide? Bakers offers it.

Iotapa

Reaction score
Nice, they didn't even list burgundy last I looked.

PACostag

Reaction score
Just placed my first order for some Whites with Kyle. I've been looking to upgrade from Red Wings for a while and finally jumped on board, probably waving lots of money away down the line now... Thanks to all who helped me out here and took the time to reply to my messages :). More to come in a couple weeks!

Jsanchez

Reaction score
Just placed my first order for some Whites with Kyle. I've been looking to upgrade from Red Wings for a while and finally jumped on board, probably waving lots of money away down the line now... Thanks to all who helped me out here and took the time to reply to my messages :). More to come in a couple weeks!
What did you end up going with?

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score
@PACostag - looking fwd to what you've got in store🧐

Horsehide is interesting. You could have told me that was CXL and I'd believe you. Yet they're completely different hides with different properties.
I thought the same at first glance. Squinted my eyes and everything trying to spot a difference. Ive never seen their Burgundy HH but now I want some😳

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.