• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TH3515

Reaction score
I have no schedule travelling to EU in the near future, but I could help you shipping to EU. Are you worrying about the custom duty fee?
Yep. I've bought many pairs before and never complained. But with the additional 25% retaliative tariff (thanks Donald....) It's reached a point where it stops making sense. Talk about ending up at twice the US price.

Zachery Zhu

Reaction score
Yep. I've bought many pairs before and never complained. But with the additional 25% retaliative tariff (thanks Donald....) It's reached a point where it stops making sense. Talk about ending up at twice the US price.

if you want my help, I can help you ship to you from Canada. I live in Vancouver where locates near border. I buy things from US, ship them to my PO Box at border and pick them up.

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ED5B1F79-7C2E-4EFE-AD6F-3BF3B94E03A6.jpeg

TH3515

Reaction score
if you want my help, I can help you ship to you from Canada. I live in Vancouver where locates near border. I buy things from US, ship them to my PO Box at border and pick them up.
Thanks a lot for your offer!

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stoked to see the announcement that @BrooklynClothCo will not be stocking some MP models. As my favorite Viberg stockist, I am excited to see this relationship develop with White's.

Phalanx

Reaction score
Just checked in with Bakers to see what the progress is on my boots - apparently it's going to be another 3 weeks. Totally not a problem of course.

I'm wondering if it wouldn't be too cheeky to ask if they can change from a 6 inch boot to a 7 inch, with the eyelet arrange that @hoppy_IPA got:

But maybe, for my first pair I should just leave things how they are.

How are they going anyway Hoppy?

[EDIT] Nevermind - they've actually just shipped!

Last edited:

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brooklyn Clothing's line of MP is live. Olive and Brown WF with the single piece heel counter and Brown Shell with the Standard Counter.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do people find the Barrie last on the MP any narrower in front than the 55?

I haven't had an opportunity to try the MP myself. I know Baker's advises to size like your Semi-Dress but I have pretty peculiar feet - very high arches and high volume forefoot. The 55 fits me beautifully in size 9.5E but the MP looks somewhat shallower up front.

barbellhacks

Reaction score
Do people find the Barrie last on the MP any narrower in front than the 55?

I haven't had an opportunity to try the MP myself. I know Baker's advises to size like your Semi-Dress but I have pretty peculiar feet - very high arches and high volume forefoot. The 55 fits me beautifully in size 9.5E but the MP looks somewhat shallower up front.

9D in the 55 fit me beautifully on day 1...and it's only gotten better.

9D in the MP (barrie) was really, really uncomfortable all along the instep. I actually had to use an instep stretcher to make them work (they fit fine now).

Were I in your boots, I'd really want to try the MP in 9.5EE I think.

iamntbatman

Reaction score
I got my MPs in the same size as my Bounty Hunters. I don't have a high instep, but I do have a fat midfoot and wide forefoot. The MP was noticeably tighter around the instep (similar to barbellhacks' experience) and took quite a few wears and a lot of miles to fit comfortably there. There's also definitely less room in the toe box in the Barrie last than the 55 last.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is why I've stuck with SDs. I'll probably grab a Bounty Hunter before I look deeper into the service boot. The 55 last is a known quantity and one of the few lasts that actually feels great on my feet. Right out of the gate, the Barrie has all the problem signs for a foot like mine.

I think I read we'll soon be able to order the service boot lasted on the 55? That sounds more promising. Has anyone on here done that yet?

Phalanx

Reaction score
Would the service boot on the 55 last not just be a Bounty Hunter at that point?

TH3515

Reaction score
Would the service boot on the 55 last not just be a Bounty Hunter at that point?
Very similar, but the Bounty Hunter has Smokejumper style heel counters, while the MP uses Packer style counters (extending slightly less far forward).

iamntbatman

Reaction score
Yeah, plus since it'd have the lowered block heel and single row of stitching, it might look a lot more service boot-like than smokejumperish. I think an unstructured toe would also help a lot in this regard.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads