1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Victor Shadow, Sep 28, 2010.

1. HolyBootsBatman

HolyBootsBatman Member

To clarify, I meant 3 to 4 weeks for Baker’s to call about fitting.
    Kyle did apologize, saying they were busy.

I was looking for swing last advice.

2. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member

Thanks for the clarification. I wasn’t sure.

3. hoppy_IPA

hoppy_IPA Senior Member

Also, Kyle was on the road all last week according to his Instagram. He’s the only one who does the sizing. Give em’ a ring today & leave a message for him or send him an email - he works from home sometimes so you might get a response pretty quickly. Or if you’re one of the kool kids just text him:cool2:

4. Legal Eagles

Legal Eagles Senior Member

No kidding... I myself am a small town country lawyer, I like to think I am in the mold of Atticus Finch, but in reality, it is more like My Cousin Vinny!

Are you an attorney? If so congrats on passing the bar... where I practice the dress code is a little more relaxed, plus I am a partner so I can pretty much do what I want, including having a beard... I have worn my White's (brown dress, cap toe) to court on multiple occasions... heck, compared to the LL Bean boots some are sporting they look downright cosmopolitan! Welcome to the bar!

5. pbrmhl

pbrmhl Well-Known Member

Are you referring to the Big Four in Japan? I'm reminded of a story in the Seattle Times from the late '80s, in which it was reported that the building where I worked as a lawyer in private practice housed more lawyers than the total number of practicing attorneys in Japan. Sorry, I digress.

I now serve as general counsel for a non-profit filled with employees with tattoos, piercings and hair colors not found in nature. Needless to say, my White's work just fine.

6. linafelt

linafelt Distinguished Member

Trying out some brown laces:
    P5043137.JPG

P5043137.JPG

7. pbrmhl

pbrmhl Well-Known Member

8E2A5CF4-B116-4EE0-8915-7A6A69B3C660.jpeg My two-week old Distressed Smooth Semi Dress boots, after some Obenauf LP and a new set of laces.

8. Frizzleburger

Frizzleburger Member

upload_2019-5-4_19-29-16.jpeg
    After a few weeks of work. The horsehide is incredible. The fit is spot on from Bakers. Couldn’t ask for a better pair of work boots.

9. hoppy_IPA

hoppy_IPA Senior Member

10. Mghart

Mghart Senior Member

Those boots look great @linafelt what leather are they? I like the tea core coming out of the tongue.

11. linafelt

linafelt Distinguished Member

Thanks. Just black CXL. I assume the tongue is the same, though it’s maybe split as it seems thinner.

12. Frizzleburger

Frizzleburger Member

Yes

13. RCD33

RCD33 Senior Member

14. iamntbatman

iamntbatman Senior Member

Scrambling around on some jagged coastal rocks in the MPs:

15. fasthall

fasthall Active Member

I think it depends on the angle. I found White's barrie looks sleeker on the side while 2030 looks sleeker from the top.