1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Victor Shadow, Sep 28, 2010.

1. sambam

sambam Senior Member

That's funny. Olive's the leather I used on the sample model. With Khaki thread and brass eyes, it looks fantastic. Glad that your happy with the SD's. Will get it to market as soon as I can.

2. hoppy_IPA

hoppy_IPA Senior Member

^cant wait

Here’s the SD’s fellas. Smooth out back stay. Extra 1/4” heel. dbl leather sole

3. bilihana

bilihana Member

Anyone have experience with the otto derby? I love my semi dress enough to save up for another pair but I was thinking about changing things up a bit. I’ve read about some of the differences in the barrie last vs. the 55, but haven’t seen much about the otto specifically.

4. iamntbatman

iamntbatman Well-Known Member

I love the contrast backstay. Very nice looking boots!

I know Baker's probably won't ship without a shipping notification, but part of me is hoping they did so I can come home from work one day to find a couple of pairs of White's waiting for me.

5. motojobobo

motojobobo Well-Known Member

Beautiful boots hoppy_IPA and thanks for sharing those pics with different views of them. Your pics have edged me closer to ordering my next pair of Whites. I’m strongly leaning to a build with the olive waxed flesh but I’m a big fan of strong arch support so I’ll need to think about the best last for me.

6. honestpanda

honestpanda Senior Member

Has White’s or Baker’s ever offered Chromepak? Bounty Hunter or MP in Olive Chromepak would be pretty amazing

7. hoppy_IPA

hoppy_IPA Senior Member

^i would absolutely love some Chromepak! I’d do a set of Packers in that in a heartbeat if it was available

8. linafelt

linafelt Distinguished Member

Very nice! Curious, are the two SD's both the same heel height, with the difference in height a result of the double leather sole on the roughout? Or is the smooth out a lowered heel?

9. hoppy_IPA

hoppy_IPA Senior Member

The HH, Smooth-out is standard heal with a single leather sole. The RO is dbl leather sole with an extra 1/4” added to the heel stack.
    It’s glorious to ogle while on foot

10. linafelt

linafelt Distinguished Member

Right on.

11. Quack Attack

Quack Attack Member

I have an idea and seeing what y'alls thoughts are..... we are creating a new website (thank goodness!!) but I was thinking it would be cool if people in the White's community would be willing to send me their worn White's to us to get professional photos done in our partners studio to show customers what the boots look like after 'x' amount of wear? We would pay roundtrip shipping (stateside) and provide some sort of gift for being out of your boots for a few weeks.

I appreciate your time and input!

-Kyle

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019

12. Rymanocerous

Rymanocerous Senior Member

This is awesome, hope you get a lot of takers. One wish I had, that I found difficult when buying mine, is have a reference of all the leathers and what they look like (color/texture). So like a photo with a little swatch of each color. White's own website needs it desperately, and if Bakers could put something together on their own site, I think it would be amazing.

13. andy b.

andy b. Senior Member

I have some BH with RedDog lowers and Brown Bullhide uppers I'd part with for a week or two.

Andy B

14. hendjosh

hendjosh Member

I have some BH Red dog lowers and British tan uppers I need to send in to Baker's anyways to be resoled... Though they would be similar to Andy's.

15. iamntbatman

iamntbatman Well-Known Member

My only White's so far only have about 5 months of wear, so maybe not so interesting, plus I doubt you wanna pay round-trip shipping to and from Korea! Sounds like a really interesting idea, though.

+1 on photos of the leather options. Just a week or so ago for some reason I wanted to look at White's leathers and found myself going back to those photos of swatches lifted from Japanese sites that are missing a lot of options that are either recent or maybe popular in the Western market but not in Japan.