1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Victor Shadow, Sep 28, 2010.

1. hoppy_IPA

hoppy_IPA Well-Known Member

Uninterrupted heel stack crew checking in. My SD’s on order are dbl leather with an extra 1/4” heel. Gonna be sexy as fvck

2. sambam

sambam Senior Member

Here is the Olive Waxed in a semi dress. Will post the 350 and MP in a few days. Khaki upper thread standard.

olive 1.jpg

olive 3.jpg

3. iamntbatman

iamntbatman Well-Known Member

Saw that on instagram...hnnnggg...

I think my next White's will be bounty hunter/smokejumper (I'd like to try the latter but I'm not sure about the less roomy toe box compared to the 55 last), lace to toe, linesman patches, in that olive waxed flesh with brown edge trim. Dunno about the sole...hmm. Maybe vibram comp half sole?

4. justsayno

justsayno Distinguished Member

@sambam do u recommend no celastic toe box on a pair of lace to toe bounty hunter boots?

5. TH3515

TH3515 Senior Member

Wow!
    I thought I was immune to the waxed flesh hype. But that's a really great colour...

6. yumacool

yumacool Active Member

I truly appreciate the input regarding sizing issues between the SD and Centennial Hiker. It's interesting that you recommend sizing up a half size. Can anyone else chime in?

Quote:
    I once purchased at 12D centennial hiker off white's ebay only to find out when they arrived I should have asked about sizing! I wear a 12C in SDs. They were far too short and I could barely force my feet in. If I remember correctly when I asked later you want to size up a half size from SDs.

They were built quite nicely and if I didn't have far lighter hiking boots now I would consider buying a pair.

7. sambam

sambam Senior Member

We added the toe box on that style due to how it is constructed. The two quarters are sew together in the middle of the toe box area. If you don't add the toe box, the seam will be more apparent.

8. hoppy_IPA

hoppy_IPA Well-Known Member

That Olive WF looks terrific. Gotta figure out a good build for it & put in an order. I’m thinking BH’s or maybe Packers?

My Dark Brown WF is evolving nicely & has been great in the recent snow. I love the warm, friendly look it develops as the rough out starts showing out from the slick, waxed down texture when new.

9. tocohillsguy

tocohillsguy Senior Member

Okay, I purchased some rawhide laces from White's. How the heck do you get them to go under the hooks?

10. mr. burns

mr. burns Senior Member

a little bit of oil... and force.

Just put a fresh pair of laces on mine.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018 at 9:40 PM

11. linafelt

linafelt Distinguished Member

A perennial problem — the hooks are too darn small.

12. crow1503

crow1503 Member

Hello, I'm new to White boots I want to buy this a pair of MP boots, but I have a problem with the sizing. I'm not sure about the sizing in the paper so here I am.
    If I using a redwing 1907 in 10D are the sizing same in this MP boots?
    the second question is the White boots are really comfortable to use? for a long walking day? especially the MP boots, because from what I read in internet the MP boots are lack of arch support if you compare with smoke jumper etc. is this right?

13. ly903

ly903 New Member

Crow, personally, I sized 0.5 down from Redwing 1907 to MP's. In your case, MP would be 9.5D.

14. tocohillsguy

tocohillsguy Senior Member

What sort of oil? Is the point to stretch the laces so they are thinner, or is the oil meant to allow them to slide under the hook?

15. mr. burns

mr. burns Senior Member