1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Whacky, Jan 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

@Teeka_ here's a xpost of my SD HH x Bison [toecaps + backsatays]:

here's "Western" sole on block & tapered heels ***below pix were borrowed from various forums & are not mine"

[quote author=Bums_Fan link=topic=989.msg241079#msg241079 date=1360206433]
    Took delivery of these from Baker's Shoes a couple of weeks ago. I'm very pleased with how they turned out; Kyle's customer service, the fit, and the overall look.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [/quote]
    [quote author=Alex81 link=topic=989.msg247287#msg247287 date=1362422926]
    Here´s pics of my Horse Hide Semi Dress.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[/quote]

here's an xpost of the mini lugs. i'm thinking of this option when i re-sole my SD HH x Bison.

[quote name='denimjunky' timestamp='1358577688' post='2881994']
    New SDs with specs: 461 last, lowered heel, CXL #8, medallion cap etc etc.

[​IMG]
    [/quote]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. palma

palma Senior member

^is that boot in the last pic Burgundy Chromexcel

Also, just wondering if bounty hunter/smoke jumper uses a thicker piece of midsole on boots with a single midsole. I was looking at east west apparel's website and it looks like this boot which according to the owner of the shop is confirmed to be a single midsole looks like has almost 2 or 1.5 pieces of leather. Anybody else notice this on their SJ especially if compared to SD?

http://www.eastwestapparel.co.uk/Whites-Boots/semi-smoke-jumper-black-dress especially if you look at one of the closeups.

3. fuzzyearlobes

fuzzyearlobes Senior member

the commando sole adds a piece of leather like you see on the eastwest boot.

4. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

What causes the boot toe to curl up so much? I find it hard to believe the 461 really has that kind of a curve to it, is it some combination of how the steel shank is used in conjunction with the last?

5. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Senior member

I think it's just the nature of the last. There's no steel shank in White's boots: it's all leather.

6. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

Why is it so much heavier than the wolverine 1k mile then?

7. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Senior member

Much thicker leather, depending on the configuration, there could be an extra midsole, and the heel is much taller in the default configuration, also. The Wolverine 1000 Mile boot doesn't use a steel shank, also, so all of those things makes White's heavier.

8. heavyhoody

heavyhoody Active Member

I own two pairs of whites and they are just too quality thick ass leather boots. There is no steel shank. All solid leather construction. No offense but 1000K and Red Wing Heritages, are nice boots, they are not in the same league as Whites.

9. frankman

frankman Member

I have tried on the Wolverine 1000k Cordovan leather boot, and even own a 25 year old Wolverine "hunter" insulated boot which is not made by anyone anymore and the Wolverine reps can't even identify the model number because they don't keep product records that far back!!!. What does that tell ya? My White's semi-dress brown leather non-special-order boot's quality beats them both by well over a "1000" miles. The White's were pricey but I enjoy every minute I'm wearing them.

10. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

Got some new White's Semi Dress in from Baker's. Here's the config and photos.

•Leather 1: Brown Smooth
    •Celastic Toe Box: Single
    •Leather Liner: Tan
    •Eyelet Color: Nickel
    •Sole Trim: Close Trim
    •Eyelet Configuration : Eyelet
    •Sole: Leather
    •Heel Shape: Curve
    •Heel Height: Minus 1/4"
    •Last: Standard
    •Midsole: Standard
    •Midsole/Edge Color: Natural

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  11. daizawaguy

daizawaguy Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A couple of photos found on my computer...

1 person likes this.
  12. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

And some new British Tan SD's came in as well. Here's the specs and photos.

Last Standard, Sole Leather, Size - Length 11, Hardware All Antique Eyes, Edge Natural, Upper (Shaft) Leather British Tan, Midsole Single, Pull Loops No Thanks, Leather Liner Tan, Sole Trim Close Trim, Toe Vamp Leather British Tan, Size - Width D (medium), Toe Cap Leather Toe Cap (only available on plain toe style), Celastic Toe Box Single Celastic Toe, Heel Base 90 Degree Blocked off Heel (Traveler)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. Okal

Okal Well-Known Member

Bl@ster, both pairs look very good, but the British tan SDs with the toe caps are easily the better of the two. In fact, they are outstanding. I don't like the look of the block heel in the standard height, but it looks really nice when lowered 1/4". I like the standard height curve (Cuban) heel best, and the curve lowered 1/4" also looks good. I'm about even on the two styles of lowered heels, and your new shoes demonstrate those good looks well. Congratulations on the recent additions to your foot wardrobe.

Allan

14. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

Thanks Allan.

I want to add a third set to the record that I just took delivery on. This may seem like overkill, but I think it's important to document the options and leather. It's been very helpful to search this thread to see what various leathers look like on White's boots before choosing a config.

Anyway, here's the config and photos:

•Leather: Brown Dress
    •Celastic Toe Box: Single
    •Steel Toe: No
    •Leather Liner: Tan
    •Pull Loop: No
    •Eyelet Color: Antique
    •Sole Trim: Close Trim
    •Eyelet Configuration : Eyelet
    •Sole: Leather
    •Heel Shape: Curve
    •Heel Height: Minus 1/4"
    •Last: Standard
    •Midsole: Standard
    •Midsole/Edge Color: Brown

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  15. Hill

Hill Senior member

The configuration details are very much appreciated. Thank you for posting.
    How are you liking the close trim with the vibram sole on the brown pair? I haven't quite warmed up to the standard trim but am still deciding between the two. Probably over thinking it but just curious what you think,

16. the shivman

the shivman Senior member

bl@ster you got 3 pairs at once? lucky son of a bitch.

17. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

jesus bl@ster how many pairs do you own

18. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

Not enough. Gotta collect 'em all, bro!

19. Okal

Okal Well-Known Member

Bl@ster,

Do you ever have any trouble with dye from the tan liner bleeding onto your socks? I ordered my boots with the cream lining to prevent that, but I like the looks of the tan lining better. Also, could you describe the difference in the way the shoes feel with the standard curve heel, the lowered curve heel and the lowered block heel? You seem to prefer the lowered heels. I would like to know why if you would share that with us. I really like all of your White's boots. I ordered the brown horse hide with toe caps. I can't remember if you own a pair of horse hide boots too. Do you have a favorite among your many pairs of White's boots?

Many thanks,

Allan

20. Okal

Okal Well-Known Member

Okay, Bl@ster, I just did a search and saw that you did, indeed, get a pair of beautiful horse hide SDs in February 2012. How do you like them compared to the other leathers? Do you have current pictures of them so we can see how they have worn? You obviously like the SDs to have ordered so many pairs!

Allan