Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Whacky, Jan 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. SouthNarc

SouthNarc Senior Member

Just ordered a pair of Semi Dress in brown shell cordovan.

2. andy b.

andy b. Senior Member

Curse you! I am itching for a pair in brown. I know my sizing in White's. That is a bad combination!!!

Oh, and it is funny you remembered that I like harness boots. LOL

3. andy b.

andy b. Senior Member

OK, take this with a grain of salt. I have narrow feet. With standard socks, not thick boot socks, a 9.5C in White's is a good fit. That holds true for Bounty Hunters and SmokeJumpers (and Oxfords ;-) ). I initially ordered a pair of White's Packers with the Thoroughbred (pointed) toe in 9.5C about 6 or 7 years ago. They squeezed the hell out of my toes, especially the little toe, and after a year or occasional wear I gave up and was ready to sell them. I contacted White's and sent them back and said I would pay whatever fee was required to make them fit. After some discussion back and forth with the staff, they said it would be possible to replace the toe portion of leather, and rebuild them as 10B (basically the same width as a 9.5C, but with a longer toe). I sent them in, paid the rebuild fee, and they came back fitting perfectly!

My point is, with the pointed toe, I needed a longer "toe" portion due to the shape of the toe. If you stayed with the rounded toe, I would think you would be the same size as other pairs of boots by the same manufacturer.

I have no idea what my Brannock size is.

Andy B.

4. mogili222

mogili222 Senior Member

Here is a picture of my BHs in brown smooth from when I got them.. Sold these recently as I am itching for a pair in dress brown. Will get the exact same build but in dress brown. I loved the 7" height of these..

[​IMG]