Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Whacky, Jan 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Legal Eagles

Legal Eagles Well-Known Member

I really like the American Bison... it has a very nice surface texture and color variation... the striations have an almost orange color, which offsets the brown nicely, and you can really see and feel the texture. It seems quite durable and is very stiff when new... breaks in nicely though... not super thick so I recommend you line them... does not seem to show scuffs, and cleans up nice with a quick wipe-down of Bick 5.

It can take a nice "sheen", but I have never been able to get the cap-toes to take a real "shine"... sort of like Chromexel in that respect, but much tougher...

I get more comments on these boots than on any others... they really "pop"... don't oil them too heavily or slather them with Obenaugfs... it will dull the surface and make it a less interesting brown...

Not a dress leather, and not a work leather, somewhere in between... an excellent casual leather!

I would not hesitate to buy them again... these are mine... the one with the flash is the closest to the actual color in sunlight... IMG-2161.JPG IMG-2159.JPG IMG-2158.JPG

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017 at 12:25 PM

2. Mathfish

Mathfish Member

Thank you for information on the leather and the photos. The advice on not using Obenaugfs is good to know.
    I just bought some Saphir Creme Delicate Conditioning Cream for a leather that I don't want to darken. You can read up on it see if it interests you. Or you can save your money and stay with Bicks
    Again thank you for the thorough reply.

3. Legal Eagles

Legal Eagles Well-Known Member

No problem... I like Saphir products, but stick mostly to the Renovator... and then only sparingly... I think for the most part we over condition our boots! For dress shoes I will use wax polish, for dress boots I use cream... Collonil 1909 is also a good product... but more and more I just stick to a wipe-down and brushing with horsehide brush... good luck!

4. Lydiahanke

Lydiahanke New Member

Thanx for Al the pictures and info in this thread!
    After 4 years of deciding what to get, in what colour, and what combo I will hopefully soon (ordered today) get my pair of black bounty hunters!

Like the boots from the Giraffes but with brass hardware, false tongue and celastic toe.

5. kekekekai

kekekekai Active Member

[​IMG]

4th wear.. finally starting to break in lol

6. Mathfish

Mathfish Member

Trying to figure good price to sell my boots. I received boots March 28,17 Any help
    Custom White's Smoke Jumper
    • Last: Standard
    • Toe Vamp Leather: #8 Burgundy Chrome Excel by Horween
    • Upper (Shaft) Leather: #8 Burgundy Chrome Excel by Horween
    • Height: 6"
    • Counter Leather: #8 Burgundy Chrome Excel by Horween
    • Leather Liner: Cream
    • Toe Cap: Medallion Toe Cap
    • Toe Cap Leather Color: #8 Burgundy Chrome Excel
    • Celastic Toe Box: No Thanks
    • Steel Toe: No Thanks
    • Hardware: All Brass Eyes
    • Top: Rolled Top
    • Midsole: Single
    • Edge: Natural
    • Sole: Vibram 100 Lug
    • Lace Design: Plain Toe
    • Size - Length: 9.5
    • Size - Width: EE
    400VLTT $499.95 plain toe not LTT

7. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Are the boots unworn or used? Whites itself offers new boots they’re looking to clear out on eBay for about $350 plus shipping. If boots are used I’d say you may get 50% of your purchase price from my experience.

In both cases the benefit of not having to wait is probably mostly negated by having to find a buyer who wants that particular set of specs and size, and the general assumption that an individual reselling has to offer a discount.

8. Mathfish

Mathfish Member

9. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

I’d try 400 to start. Depends on how quickly you need to move them though. What kind of heel..?