Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Whacky, Jan 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. kekekekai

kekekekai Active Member

Finally got them. My new semi dress! Sorry I don't have close up pictures of it. Will take some tonight but here is the outfit I wore today to go with it.

[​IMG]

2. TH3515

TH3515 Senior member

^very nice! Any details on the build? It looks similar to what I've been thinking about for my next pair. I think I can see black dress leather, double leather sole, medallion toe cap...
    Do show some closeups!

3. Mathfish

Mathfish Member

I wanted to address the squeak issue.
    I do not have the answer but i noticed my leather belt that is untreated squeaks when the leather parts ride against each other while tightening the belt. This got me thinking about the sole, instep, heal stack are probably unteated leathers. So because we all have different gaits and sizes some of us cause the leathers to ride against each other. Or because our size and gait others force these leathers to stabilize and not squeak. The other issue i noticed on my boots is how i remove the boot. If i put pressure on the heel stack while i remove my foot from the boot i am causing enough pressure to cause heel stack seperation even if is tiny. This may be a cause of squeaks and an avenue for dirt, salt, and liquids to enter and break down the leathers. I have found using my cowboy boot jack to remove my boots puts no pressure on the stack.

4. Neognosis

Neognosis Senior member

On mine, the squeak was not in the heel. It was right under where my toes bend. It is on my retro oxfords too, but only after wearing them a few hours.

So far, the squeaks in my semis have not come back since sambam rebuilt them. I just wore them for 30 consecutive hours of travel and a full day outside in the desert... no squeeks have returned so far.

6D04EACF-A5CE-4CF0-9411-9B923BDB9CC1.jpeg

5. kekekekai

kekekekai Active Member

As requested.

Complete specs:
    • Last: Classic 461 Last
    • Toe Vamp Leather: Black Horse Hide
    • Upper (Shaft) Leather: Black Horse Hide
    • Leather Liner: Black
    • Pull Loops: No
    • Toe Cap: Medallion Toe Cap
    • Celastic Toe Box: Single Celastic Toe
    • Hardware: Brass Eyes & Hooks
    • Midsole: Double
    • Edge: Brown
    • Heel Base: 90 Degree Blocked off Heel (Traveler)
    • Heel Lifts: Standard
    • Sole: Vibram Composition Half-sole
    • Sole Trim: Standard Trim (Double Row Stitch)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. TH3515

TH3515 Senior member

Excellent! The horsehide looks great. How do you like the double midsole?

7. kekekekai

kekekekai Active Member

The horsehide is very tough and slightly a bit harder to break in than my chromexcel whites. May get leather laces so it doesnt hurt the ankles as much and a good shoe shine

8. tamakyo

tamakyo New Member

Alright, I did it. I just placed my order for the plaintoe MPs in cinnamon waxed flesh (first pair of White's boots, first nice pair of boots ever, really).

I really hope the plaintoes come with the speed hooks, as shown on White's website (https://whitesboots.com/product/whites-mp-dainite-sole/), since the captoe pictures don't show speed hooks at all...

Anyone have any ideas on how long these are taking to ship out?

9. yusufg

yusufg New Member

10. mogili222

mogili222 Senior member

Any idea what the difference is between the "Vibram 430 Mini Vib" and the "Vibram Composition Half sole"?

I have had the composition half sole on my boots before and i liked how with the uninterrupted heel stack. Does the Vibram 430 Mini Vib also have the same uninterrupted heel stack?

Coudl anybody with this sole post a picture or two?

Thanks.

11. mrdiamond

mrdiamond Member

My squeaks don't come from the heel or really the sole either. On both pairs it's under the toes, but not right under, just back from where the toes bend on a step. It sounds and feels from the inside of the boot. When I asked about it when it started up on my first pair, Bakers said it was coming from the leather shank loosening up.

12. Dingus Berry

Dingus Berry Member

Pretty certain the 430 does not have an uninterrupted heel stack :|

13. sambam

sambam Senior member

Yes the plain toe comes standard with speed hooks. Your looking at 4 weeks from order to be being shipped out. We are just finishing a big dress boot order going to Shanghai. I will keep an eye out for them and get my nephew a 3rd generation bootmaker to build the them for you. Cinnamon waxed flesh is my fav.

20170930_074809.jpg

14. tamakyo

tamakyo New Member

Wow. Thank you!! Wow.

The cinnamon waxed flesh just looked so good. I'm unreasonably excited. I'll make sure to post some pictures here when they come.

15. Mathfish

Mathfish Member

Does anyone have experience with White's American Buffalo (bison). Characteristics, durability
    Thank you