Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Whacky, Jan 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. spurs61

spurs61 Senior member

I've got the 2021 on a couple of pairs of Baker's Oxfords and a Cougar boot. Bottom line, I find them softer than the 430, 700, 269, etc. and have no problem with them on wet surfaces. As you would expect, they wear a bit quicker than the other soles. I really like the sole a lot and find them comfy, though it seems getting the 2021 means giving up some of the arch-ease support.

2. YTHMNSTRY

YTHMNSTRY Active Member

Are your oxfords & Cougars on the Northwest last? If so, that may be the bigger reason for the lesser arch support. I believe the Northwest has the least arch support of all the lasts. Mine are on the C461 and still have plenty of arch support.

3. Warpiper

Warpiper Well-Known Member

I have a pair that are similar to the new MP boots. They started squeaking after a while and I tried everything I knew to alleviate it. Nothing helped. Sent them to White's and they did "surgery" on them. Still sqeaked. Took them back in and they resoled them. Fixed the squeak. Great, right? The squeak came back in the right boot. It's so frustrating because I love everything about these boots. I rotate these and another pair to work. They are great boots, it just sounds like I am stepping on a duck every other step. I'm to the point where I am tempted to soak them in a bucket of water and see if, when they dry, there is some difference. I have soaked them in boot oil and it hasn't helped.

4. Iotapa

Iotapa Member

Curious about this as well as when they will be available. Also, will they have a logo on the side? I would prefer to go without but could accept it on a tall boot, not sure about on the MP though.

5. sambam

sambam Senior member

The MPs are ready for sale. There only logo is on the top of the boot. Logo says. MP
    They are available now. The 5 or so people we had in our fit trials said our Barrie last sizing was the same in length and width as our 55. Earlier today I was walking around the house with a sd on one foot and the MP on the other. Very close to the same. The MP will look bigger because you can't get your toes down as far. The logo is up high on the quarter. I wanted it very subtle. Says MP WB 1853. Military police, whites boots founded 1853. Call our retail store or your dealer. We are still getting our dealers the info so some might not know about it yet

20170714_132059.jpg

6. sambam

sambam Senior member

The chukkas are very close. Had to wait for a new welt machine from the UK. Sweet machine. The chukkas will be Goodyear welted so we can finish them cleaner like a dress boot should be. These are samples for the outdoor retail show this week.

20170718_120114.jpg

20170718_120219.jpg