Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Whacky, Jan 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Because one can never have too many pairs of White's... Just got my new "distressed smooth leather" custom SD's in from Baker's. Here's the full config and photos. Click for higher-res:

Leather 1: Distressed Smooth Leather 2: Distressed Smooth Toe Vamp Leather: Distressed Smooth Toe Cap Leather: None Celastic Toe Box: Single Steel Toe: No Upper (Shaft) Leather : Distressed Smooth Leather Liner: No Thanks Back Stay Leather: Distressed Smooth Pull Loop: No Eyelet Color: Antique Sole Trim: Close Trim Eyelet Configuration : Hook and Eyelet Lace: Leather Sole: Leather Half Slip: No Heel Shape: Curve Heel Height: Minus 1/4" Last: Standard Midsole: Standard Midsole/Edge Color: Natural Size - Length: 11 Size - Width: D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. grendel

grendel Senior member

Those are gorgeous, congrats!

3. the shivman

the shivman Senior member

The lowered 1/4 looks so strange to me on these boots, but hey to each his own.

4. moonshine

moonshine Member

Me too, but it could just be the angle of the photo. I like the build, and assuming the heel height suits [email protected] all is well. Can you give us some fit pics, [email protected]?

5. MKMKMK

MKMKMK Active Member

Hi, i would like to enquire about whites sd sizing. Currently i am wearing a rw 1907 9D. What size should i get if i want to get a white's sd.

6. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

with all the options available today, things can get confusing.

IMO, 1/4 lowered block heels looks good on single leather soles.
    anything thicker__ standard heels seemed more proper.

7. grendel

grendel Senior member

I think the lowered heel has more to do with the arch support. I emailed with Kyle at Baker's and confirmed with him that for people with low arches (like me) the 1/4" lower heel is better.

8. NNNN

NNNN Well-Known Member

Here's another pair of the distressed leather SD I saw while surfing for White's. Apparently this is after 3 weeks of use.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  9. fuzzyearlobes

fuzzyearlobes Senior member

The distressed is nice. I need to get a sample of it to feel it, smell it and scratch it up and get it wet to see how it behaves.

10. the shivman

the shivman Senior member

distressed leather reminds me too much of pre faded jeans.

11. fuzzyearlobes

fuzzyearlobes Senior member

i think its more unfinished rather than pre distressed, but I could be wrong. I think that pic is funny though, because it shows some "well worn boots" but he has some spiffy overdyed selvege that is pretty much spotless. Talk about posing for a photo op

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  12. NNNN

NNNN Well-Known Member

While I'm at it I might as well ask my burning White's questions:
    1) Does anyone have an image of a semi dress in a SMALL size (5 - 6)? I'm curious how large the heel looks relative to everything else.
    2) Under what circumstances is the tongue leather different than the rest of the boot?
    thaaanks

13. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

i was particularly referring to the aesthetics of lowered heels on blocked vs standard [cuban].
    as for your concerns, sometimes style does not agree with function, so you're better off looking for other brands/style that will satisfy [both] criteria.

14. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

I noticed that they tend to sell the regular horse hide (not cordovan) boots for more money than calf. I would think there might be less of this availible than cowhide which probably explains why it cost more. However are there any advantages of buying Horse Hide over Calf?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  15. grendel

grendel Senior member

Ah, I missed that. I was planning on the cuban heel anyway. I'd do the block if they cut it as close as the cuban, but the way they do it is just too big hanging off the back.