STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.
Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.
Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!
Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Whacky, Jan 15, 2011.
been wondering can they do close trim on soles with vibram 700?
You are welcome!
Yes, they can.
If I get rained on in these boots wearing raw denim, will they stain?
do you have pics of this setup in your inventory? Just wondering how it would look with such a thick sole.
So I finally get my Natural Chromexcel Bounty Hunters tomorrow via UPS.
Little excited to see how they turned out.
I ordered a Cuban heel, normal height, Vibram 269 sole, cream leather liner, antique hardware, celastic toe, with close trim.
I will post up some pictures when I get the time.
Still not sure if I should initially treat them, or let them age naturally.
I really dont want to darken the natural chromexcel too much.
Thinking of just letting them age. See how it works out.
dont treat the natty CXL right away or it will darken considerably. It darkens naturally over time, but unless you want to speed that process up, keep the treatments away.
Definitely need pics Whacky.
Getting some pics together for the forums here.
However, Initial impressions of my Natural Chromexcel Bounty Hunters:
- Compared to my single leather sole, brown Semi-Dress, these boots are noticeable heavier.
- Equally as well made as any custom White's Boots you can own.
- I do not really notice too much a difference in comfort between my Semi Dress with the block heel that is lowered 1/4, compared to the full size cuban heel. Both are/were incredibly comfortable out of the box.
- The Natural Chromexcel leather is rich, oily, and smells wonderful. I will not be treating this leather. At least not initially. It has too much natural depth, and I am excited to see what natural patina it develops. It appears very solid, yet supple. However, I did have my boots lined with a cream leather liner for fear the chromexcel would stretch, etc.
- The height difference between the Bounty Hunter and the Semi Dress is noticeable during everyday wear. My particular Semi Dress with the single leather sole feel more like a casual boot and the Bounty Hunters with the Vibram 269 obviously feel more like a working boot.
I really enjoy the casual style of my SD boots, but wanted to try something different
I realize I have only had the boots for one day, but I almost wish I would have just custom made another pair of Semi Dress boots. Not entirely sure I needed the added height, and tighter laces, added weight.
Plus, I had them made with the Vibram 269 sole as a compromise to get a full rubber sole, but without the bulk of the other Vibram offerings.
I had a lot of debate about the sole considering I already own a single sole pair of Semi Dress, of which I enjoy the casual look/feel.
We'll see how I end up liking the 269 sole in the long run.
So, summarizing the initial impressions:
Pros: Beautiful leather. Uncompromising craftsmanship, intimately comfortable out of the box, flawless fit.
Cons: Heavier, bigger, taller than the SD. Less casual appearance and overall feel.
TBD: Leather sole vs Vibram 269, chromexcel leather stretch, fit, and patina over time.
I promise to get some pictures up as soon as I can.
pics asap! I agree about the weight. I have 8" bounty hunters and they are boat anchors. However, once you get them on, its not noticeable. The natty CXL darkens nicely over time. My natty cxl shoes are almost brown at this point.
Quoting again because these may be the finest looking White's I've ever seen. Perfect details, sir.
These are a really good example of the black cxl. Anyone have a good image of the black dress for comparison?
Would love to see pics of these, and if possible pics of the SDs alongside the new Bounty Hunters. Your experience confirms my sense that even though there may be only an inch difference in height between 6" BH and 5" SDs, that the BH seems a much bigger boot...
Yes, these are very cool. If the original poster is still checking here, it'd be nice to see updated pics after some wear on these...?
Also, is that heel just 1/4" lower? It seems even more low, which I really like.
Of course I have. Vibram 700 is actually not thick.
Vibram 700 + Close Trim:
Separate names with a comma.