• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GurrCentral

Reaction score
Now, I won't be able to sleep.....haha...until that day when I come home to find the box on my doorstep! any other pics of the semi-dress in brown? thanks!

Last edited:

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's a very dark, rich brown; at first glance I almost mistook it for black.  Do yours have a celastic toe?

Best Regards

yeah it has a single celastic toe. trees in when the pic was taken.

Last edited:

Quack Attack

Reaction score
Those turned out good!

We have a lot of those soles left if anyone is interested - I have a pair in the shop of my own SDs that i'm going to apply that sole to.  

Also, just so people know, if you have your tracings/measurements on file with White's...we can get access to sales history and sizing with your name and the year of the build. Just throwing that out there. 

We appreciate everyones business! 

Thank you -

Kyle
Baker's Shoes

Last edited by a moderator:

palma

Reaction score
Is there a White's boot with a similar shape/last like the Johnson boot from Yuketen?

Thanks,

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Kyle__ how do i size on the Classic 461?
is it closer to the SD or SJ?

... the reason i asked cuz [from experience] the SD last seemed to run a tad longer than the SJ

Last edited:

daizawaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a White's boot with a similar shape/last like the Johnson boot from Yuketen?

Thanks,
I`d say the Bounty hunter with block heel, and medallion toe cap would be the nearest to these. Try Bakers online ordering - fun to try the various options. And with the buildaboot page you can visualize the boot.

GurrCentral

Reaction score
Waiting for my first pair of semi-dress's to be built, anyone have any care/conditioning tips for whites semi dress? thanks!

daizawaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find the water buffalo responds better to a cream, as does the bullhide, whereas the chrome excel likes a wax based polish.

But as I have learned with other shoes, the conditioning creams are best for any leather, even if alternated with wax based polishes.

fuzzyearlobes

Reaction score
i think regular brushing is more important than treating the leather, unless you are exposed to some serious wet conditions. Get yourself a Star brand horsehair brush and brush them off after each wear. Most people over-do the leather treatments. Under normal circumstances, just Obenauf them every 4 months or so and you should be ok.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads