Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Whacky, Jan 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. 4characters

4characters Senior member

Sounds like a nice build, can’t wait to see them. [​IMG]

2. 4characters

4characters Senior member

LOVE the new boots gregornz; that leather combo looks amazing!

3. gregornz

gregornz Senior member

I don't, but I am not a fan of the block heel, so I'm biased.

In other news, I'm thinking of getting a raised heel in my next pair; how do you like THEM apples? :D

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  4. gregornz

gregornz Senior member

Yeah, but I can't help but wonder how they would look with distressed roughout up front? :paranoia:

5. cathpah

cathpah Senior member

I do. Otherwise they're pretty damn nice.

6. b-ewing

b-ewing Senior member

Gregornz, those BHs are incredibly nice. Congrats! Now, stop flattering that wank with your avitar :p

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  7. Emixam

Emixam Senior member

can anyone share the shaft measurement of the Nomads ? I know it is pretty wide, but I cannot figure out how wide....it is too bad they don't offer the option to make it smaller just like Wesco.

8. sleepy94

sleepy94 Well-Known Member

just got my oxfords
    [​IMG]

9. CityofChamps

CityofChamps Well-Known Member

^ Those look good. That is the first pair of White's oxfords that I've liked. What leather is that?

10. gregornz

gregornz Senior member

^ Those are F'n amazing! First pair I've yearned for too

11. trvlr472

trvlr472 Senior member

Those are damn nice looking. One of my favorites since I've been on this forum.

As far as the "shelf"? Yes, I think it sticks out too far and I wouldn't like it. However, I read a post on this forum a while back stating that White's builds them like that on purpose to protect the leather should you step on something sharp. I can understand that especially since way back when they started business I doubt anyone was as "coddled" as they are these days. They wanted function over aesthetics. In this day and age since I'd bet half their customers are more into being cool, buying something that will last and fit right more than surviving and working in them. They might want to start asking the customer what they are using the boot for.

It's starting to seem to me that many of the old timers in many industries are dying or retiring and they are training the new people to build them the same old way and the new people don't have the common sense or maybe the talent to figure out how big of an overhang they should build into the boot.

There was a guy a while back that ordered some and the "shelf" in the arch area was gross in my opinion. I'd be really pissed off if I ordered a pair and they showed up looking like his for what they cost. I will say this. I probably wouldn't have the gouges I have in my back stay if I had more overhang in the hee lbut even though I'm far more into function and durability I would send boots back if they had excessive sole or heel sticking out.. I use mine to work in and it's not like I'm walking on rocks all the time either although I do from time to time. Those posted aren't REALLY bad though and depending on what I was using them for I might live with it and if I couldn't take it have them modified at the first resoling.

From what I have seen and read it is the block heel White's rally seems to screw up with too much heel or sole sticking out. The block heel on my CWB's are just about perfect in this regard and my SJ's are perfectly flush with the standard heel. This is the first time I've seen a curved heel with that problem. All in all, if the guy who paid for them is fine with it then it's OK by me. If he isn't he can go to a cobbler and have them sanded down or send them back for satisfaction. I can see, however, that having the sole and heel sticking out will definitely protect the leather in some circumstances. It all depends on what your using them for.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  12. trvlr472

trvlr472 Senior member

Those Oxford's a really nice. I have Oxfords in mind for a future purpose. It'll be quite a while though. I'd like to know what leather that is as well. We need the build specs on those.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  13. Royteane

Royteane Well-Known Member

I'm discussing with Kyle to have White's or Wesco Oxford built with golf sole. I dont know if it is good idea or not. My current golf shoes now are over stretched, so something stronger and a bit heavier is what I am loking for.

14. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

There are a lot of good golf shoes on the market. Why go through the time and energy involved with all of that? A lot of R&D goes into it and I can't imagine getting something that would be truly correct

15. sleepy94

sleepy94 Well-Known Member

the oxfords pictured above are natural cxl, double leather sole, 1/4 lower block heel. no celastic toe, brass eyes. I really liked what style forum was doing with their make up but I love the way White's fit my foot so i decided to work with bakers boots and see if we could come up with something similar. These nailed it plus the fit is perfect for my foot. These will be my go to summer shoe from now on. I am extremely happy with this purchase.