Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Whacky, Jan 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. univibe88

univibe88 Senior member

As the saying goes, I am too poor to afford buying cheap.

2. ojaw

ojaw Senior member

My White's are moving into almost 2 weeks pay for me, hopefully they'll eventually justify the outlay.
    My experience with them and heel pain (possibly PF) has not been good so far - I'm in the middle of physio with that and to this point walking becomes painful in the heel quite quickly.
    Everyone's experience is different, and someone else on here found that White's helped them very much with their own heel problems.

'Built well enough' - you can count on that.

By the by, very clever username.

3. RickyTylerson

RickyTylerson Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

these have been posted before - but these are brown smooth (oil finish whatever) after obenauf's and a light hair drying to soak it up. I love the leather. My dad has a pair of semi dress in brown dress and i prefer brown smooth.

4. mogili222

mogili222 Senior member

That is such a rich color..

5. Royteane

Royteane Well-Known Member

that's exactly what I dreamed to be mine.

6. LouieBailie

LouieBailie Senior member

I just got a pair of boots back (I bought in 1980) from 2nd rebuilding, they cost more to rebuild that they did new but still going strong.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014

7. LouieBailie

LouieBailie Senior member

Be very careful when using induced heat to soak oils into anything, hot spots cause more concentrated oiling and that area stretches more than the surrounding leather......you are 100% better off placing them in direct sunlight, inside or outside when above 80 degrees and letting them evenly bake.... I have seen many pairs ruined using heat guns....

Then they sell on eBay as new just tried on (HAhaha) and the internet BS sizing rumors get started...(IE: 10.5C fits like 10C if worn inside when the temp is below 125F or 10E in the pool when swimming)

8. trvlr472

trvlr472 Senior member

I can't really afford Whites but bought two pairs about 4 or 5 months ago. I've been burned too many times trying to save money on cheap junk. To me it's money well spent and cheaper in the long run. Quality always is. Unless you're paying huge premiums for a name which isn't the case with White's. They are handmade in the USA which is why they cost so much.

9. andy b.

andy b. Senior member

I think this is one of the best representations of the Brown Smooth. Mine are this dark in person.

10. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Whites sells some boots on ebay as "Whitesriver." You can see if there is something you like there cheaper; and they are returnable.

11. CityofChamps

CityofChamps Well-Known Member

Anyone have any recent pics of their boots?

12. climbinglife

climbinglife Senior member

[​IMG]

10 days old...about 50 hours on them so far.

13. andy b.

andy b. Senior member

A photo I posted on IG a few days ago:
    http://instagram.com/p/peIkUjssgH/#

These are a little over 4 years old and get worn many times per week from SEPT-MAY and a lot through the summer as well. Bounty Hunters with Red Dog vamp and heel and Brown Bullhide shafts. I hit them with Obenau's LP maybe twice per year, and brush them off with a clean horsehair brush at the end of almost every day I wear them. It took at least a year for the Red Dog to start developing a shine.

14. oreospeedwagon

oreospeedwagon Member

Red Wing makes great work boots, but I can't wear a pair of their Heritage line more than a year without the leather insole cracking and going to shit. I'm considering White's for the obvious reasons, but mostly because they're rebuildable.

15. CityofChamps

CityofChamps Well-Known Member

Nice boots! Do you have an older pair that are a darker leather, but same style?