• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got mine today! pretty much just like the retro/original brown dress single sole with the tan liner and close sole trim. Fits awesome! Went TTS BTW. :slayer:

I bought my brother one too but unknown to me he had already ordered straight from white`s so he had to return it and have it exchanged for a filson 256 I think. Props to Kyle for the outstanding service.

I`ll see how this one breaks in and I will put another order though the recent emergence of all these actual pics of other colors are making it hard :foo:

herrmj

Reaction score
pics mang!

Got mine today! pretty much just like the retro/original brown dress single sole with the tan liner and close sole trim. Fits awesome! Went TTS BTW.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I bought my brother one too but unknown to me he had already ordered straight from white`s so he had to return it and have it exchanged for a filson 256 I think. Props to Kyle for the outstanding service.
I`ll see how this one breaks in and I will put another order though the recent emergence of all these actual pics of other colors are making it hard
foo.gif

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

pics mang!

my apologies young lad :D
6860094643_ca75419735.jpg

Just like the original with the trim and leather lining. Just wanted something nice to beat on yet a little dressy for places that have stricter dress code

Bought some shoe trees, saddle sopa, brush, edge color, LP from white`s too

Last edited:

zakurie

Reaction score
is the Fiebing's Edge Dye what White's uses?

Last edited:

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am assuming it is since that`s the only edge dye they have on their site.

I had some crappy shoe brush so I figured I`d buy a new one and turns out the white`s kit comes with a shoe horn too.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
came across this pic
dsc_0131_797137.jpg

Thats the config for my SD I am goin for next. No close sole trim this time + getting leather laces

Just have to decide on black dress vs black chromexcel

Last edited:

allenp24

Reaction score
Might go with the classic dress boot with the bull hide. Anybody have a pair of whites with bull hide?

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
weather sucks so I am currently breaking my sd`s on the carpet right now. Wow glad I went TTS on these. Actually kyle from bakers measured me on a 7B width but after double checking on a brannock I am actually a C width. I supposed I could get in to the B width as well but as it stands the C width is pretty snug around the instep. Maybe I had sent him an inaccurate measurement as well since I did the tracing by myself. I supposed I could go .5 size down which seems to be the general consensus around here but my toes are about 5/8" to 3/4" away from the top which is about what White`s recommend. I also tried on a D width my brother had and it was just as comfy. My ball is right on the widest part of the boots and the eyelets don`t touch.

YMMV on the sizing but it all goes down to how someone prefers to wear their boots and how their heel-to-ball/toe length measures as well.

Last edited:

allenp24

Reaction score
Have the chance to buy some new smoke jumpers 10 inch with black rough off for $240 only problem is they are size 10.5 ee and I normally wear 11 d. So tempting!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads