Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Whacky, Jan 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

Wow that horsehide looks nice. Any pics w/o flash?

2. Handmademan

Handmademan New Member

Hmmm, so I guess they don't necessarily make them in the order received. I ordered mine through Baker's on December 9th and am still waiting.

3. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

[email protected] those look fantastic!! That brown horsehide is a gorgeous option. Can't wait to see what they look like in 6-12 months. They look like they'll age wonderfully. Great choice and thanks for sharing. It's the first pair of HH I've seen. Very impressive.

4. Got these Red Dog Semi Dress a couple weeks ago -- haven't had a chance to post the pics. Here's the config and photos:

Custom Semi Dress by White's Boots // Last #38 Swing Last, Sole Leather, Size - Length 11, Hardware Antique Eyes & Hooks, Edge Brown, Upper (Shaft) Leather Red Dog Smooth, Midsole Single, Pull Loops No Thanks, Leather Liner Cream, Sole Trim Close Trim, Toe Vamp Leather Red Dog Smooth, Size - Width D (medium), Toe Cap No Thanks, Celastic Toe Box Single Celastic Toe, Heel Base Standard

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. knucks

knucks Senior member

Mine were put forth to the factory on Dec 12th and I received them on Jan 26th. I'd contact Bakers and get status.

6. Handmademan

Handmademan New Member

The original estimate was 5 to 7 weeks. I called at 7 and was told that orders around Christmas can add 2 to 3 more weeks = possibly 10 weeks total. I'm not mad, it's just hard to wait for something as exciting as White's SD.

I requested the Vibram 705 split sole, and will post a pic for Aquaphor when they come in.

7. knucks

knucks Senior member

As long as they're still aware of the order, I guess you're okay. If you haven't, try to get a hold of Kyle from Baker's. He was really helpful with my order.

8. gd1944

gd1944 Active Member

Here's my collection of the Brown Horse Hide Photos: :D

Standard Semi-Dress Last
    Single Midsole
    Vibram 700 Composition Half Sole
    Blocked Heel
    Standard Heel Height
    Close Trim
    Brown Leather Liner
    Brown Edge
    With Pull Loops

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012

9. xkalifornian

xkalifornian Member

That horse hide is beautiful! Wear them in good health!

10. herrmj

herrmj Senior member

[email protected] thanks for the great pics - much appreciated. I'm thinking about taking a trip to Spokane in the next couple months, I will try to grab some pics of the store/factory (I think they do tours...) and share on here if it works out.

11. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

my order just entered into its 5th week, so i thought i'd send an S.O.S._ Ship Our Shoes, already :)
    pm'd be quite alright... you also got my email. 'hope White's took care of the Bison TC+Backstay. request.

thanx in advance, Kyle!

Order Number: 14927

2012 White's Horse Hide Semi Dress
    Toe Cap Leather Color Brown Horse Hide, Sole Vibram Composition Half Sole, Size - Length 8.5, Hardware All Brass Eyes, Edge Natural, Upper (Shaft) Leather Brown Horse Hide, Midsole Single, Pull Loops No Thanks, Last #38 Swing Last, Sole Trim Close Trim, Toe Vamp Leather Brown Horse Hide, Heel Base 90 Degree Blocked off Heel (Traveler), Heel Lifts 1/4" Lower, Size - Width E, Toe Cap Leather Toe Cap (only available on plain toe style), Celastic Toe Box Single Celastic Toe, Leather Liner Black

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012

12. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

Got mine today! pretty much just like the retro/original brown dress single sole with the tan liner and close sole trim. Fits awesome! Went TTS BTW. :slayer:

I bought my brother one too but unknown to me he had already ordered straight from white`s so he had to return it and have it exchanged for a filson 256 I think. Props to Kyle for the outstanding service.

I`ll see how this one breaks in and I will put another order though the recent emergence of all these actual pics of other colors are making it hard :foo:

13. herrmj

herrmj Senior member

pics mang!

14. allenp24

allenp24 Well-Known Member

Anyone have a pair of black horse hide? Thinking about ordering a pair.