• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I ordered some custom white`s off baker`s for my brother for xmas that just arrived last week. Turned out he already placed an order that same month I placed it through White`s directly :fu:
I also have an order arriving for myself off Baker`s. Dunno what to do with the extra pair, I am away from home atm and he`s not sure whether Baker`s accept returns on custom sd`s

I do believe they take returns,but depending on the size you also would have no issues selling them for sure.

gd1944

Reaction score

black chromexcel, natural sole, half commando, block heel (lowered 1/4), antique hardware.
dislike the laces that came with them, any suggestions?

sorta rounded, didnt realize. feels fine tho

Hi Knucks!

Is this double midsole?

I was once told that commando half sole cannot be used on double midsole, but yours is apparently double......

Last edited:

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, single. The commando sole is half sole so it may look like i've got a mid double sole

gd1944

Reaction score
Oh, but that surely looks like double midsole. Look at the boundary between the 2 supposed layers.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cool pic I found
IMG_0635.jpg

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh, but that surely looks like double midsole. Look at the boundary between the 2 supposed layers.

yeah thats what I thought too. maybe commando sole wasn`t possible with a single leather sole?

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hm maybe. I ordered single wasn't told it couldn't be done..no idea

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thought I`d post this here to in case anyone feel like their boots might be too tight (or loose)-this is a good basis.
6784057123_d9c79bf8f3.jpg

Buddy of mine has some sd`s that I thought were too big for him-eyelets almost touching and he didn`t need to unlace loosely to slip the boot in, I could imagine that he could wiggle his foot in the toe and heel-but I guess some people do love to wear shoes certain ways-more power to him

Last edited:

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hm maybe. I ordered single wasn't told it couldn't be done..no idea

looks good like that though. can you confirm with bakers? I`d like to order one just like that in british tan for the winter :slayer:

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Id also like to know my pair coming is 430 vibram so it's not commando my next pair will be. Thinking about brown chromexcel have brown dress on the way.

:slayer:

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought konadog's semi-dress boots w/single leather sole, roughout toe & british tan uppers (thanks j***!)
Yes, I need to do something about the backyard. Like plant something.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
really like the combination of rough out and regular leather...looks nice.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! It's an unusual make that reminds me of a saddle shoe (in a good way). The contrast is interesting but not distracting.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mine are definately a size too small does white's/bakers do exchange in size for made to order? if not -__-;; @ bad economy and low baller city.

Last edited:

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
crosswound what is your brannock size? is there 5/8 - 3/4" of space between the toe and the boot?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads