1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Whacky, Jan 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. b-ewing

b-ewing Senior member

I for one have a few ideas why this is happening... But rather than flag posts myself, I've just tuned this thread out (for the most part).

2. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Say it isn't so! What's the White's thread without b-ewing..?

2 people like this.
  3. b-ewing

b-ewing Senior member

Haha, a more attentive husband for one :D

Apart from my disinterest in participating in a lot of the ridiculousness here of late, there's the fact that my boot collection has pretty much hit critical mass (upon delivery of some wesco packers). I've told myself I need to slow my roll; these forums are like a recovering alcoholic walking into a bar!

Btw here's the last straw pair

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
    4 people like this.
  4. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Great looking boot!! Enjoy!! Like you I am trying to enjoy what I own to their fullest potential rather than just continually adding more.

1 person likes this.
  5. b-ewing

b-ewing Senior member

Ryden, thx for the compliments. These things look cooler after a ton of wear (and careful attention), right?! :)

6. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Agreed! I love them new but even more with true wear and patina

7. LouieBailie

LouieBailie Senior member

Yes, decisions in life are tough, but they still have to be made.

[​IMG]

Gotta keep the White's boots pretty. So gee, which boots should I wear while welding in my roll bar?

8. 4characters

4characters Senior member

Cordo is a great work boot leather… Its density realy helps deflect sparks and metal shards. so I’d think any of them would be just fine…

9. climbinglife

climbinglife Senior member

I agree with this, but i'm guilty of flagging one. It's why I lurk way more than I post, especially lately.

10. cathpah

cathpah Senior member

Beautiful. Details?

11. b-ewing

b-ewing Senior member

Thx for the comments bros! These are packers on the motor patrol last, 7" height, 269 outsoles, natural midsoles (single) and heel (standard), brass eyelets and hooks, and black tie leather. Basically, a poor man's flightmaster with natural stained trim. If you're looking for a boot with the refinement of the 2030 last but still retaining the ruggedness of an American workbook this is the one for you

Here's a top profile
    [​IMG]

And heel (not for the wussy lowered block heel type :p ;) )

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  12. cathpah

cathpah Senior member

Wussy lowered block heel type chiming in again...

Flightmaster? Motor Patrol Last? Either we're not talking about White's anymore, or they've released a lot of new things recently. Care to elaborate?

13. b-ewing

b-ewing Senior member

Haha, yeah these are wesco. And yeah, I'm sure I've had a post flagged for my heel height taunting :D (my apologies if I've offended any of you- I'm such a hypocrite). To be fair and fully disclosed, I totally and completely think there is room for both. I do, however, love to stoke the fire on that topic :p

14. dsthompson

dsthompson Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how the classic work boot differs from the bounty hunter? In looking at pictures, I'm struggling to pick up on the differences. Any thoughts on which model (semi dress, classic work boot, or bounty hunter 6") would best compliment distressed smooth leather with a block heel and vibram 430 sole, lowered by a 1/4 inch, worn by a guy that doesn't do much actual work, apart from the occasional light hike with his boys and work around the yard?

Feel like all the choices that come with fully customizable boots are driving me crazy!

15. trvlr472

trvlr472 Senior member

Quote: Awesome because I've been driving the same '73 Caddy Coupe DeVille for the last 18 years. I bet I'll get 20mpg with Huberd's![​IMG]

16. trvlr472

trvlr472 Senior member

I have a pair of CWB's and from what White's say's on their website it's the same boot with a roomier last than the Farmer Rancher and a shorter height. From what I have read the Bounty Hunter is an SJ with a different sole than the lugged sole. It might have the SD last as well but I'm not sure.

I could be mistaken so you'd better wait for replies from the experts.

17. trvlr472

trvlr472 Senior member

Those are beautiful, Ewing. Damn, it makes me want a pair of Wesco's.

18. andy b.

andy b. Senior member

Guys definitely think too much about all of this. :D
    If you don't want an exposed heel counter, you want the SD, if you want the exposed heel counter, you want any of the other White's boots.
    The BH is the SJ on the SD last.
    For a given size, the look and top profile of the boot is more affected by close trim versus standard trim. I doubt many people could tell one last from another if they were the same boot, in the same size, with the same sole trim. I have Three pairs of White's in three different lasts and the only difference I can tell in any of them is the Packers have the Thoroughbred pointed toe, otherwise they all look like "workboots".

My only concern would be if I had a foot that required a wider toe in relation to the heel, in which case I would contact Kyle at Baker's and tell him and he'll tell you which last would be best.

I have seen distressed smooth leather in every style and they all look good, so I can't see where that would be a major influence in your decision.

My only personal choice would be that the block heel looks better with the SD, but that is personal preference. I like anything that looks more like a "workboot" to have the standard White's heel.

19. climbinglife

climbinglife Senior member

Everything Andy said is right on! The thing with the CWB last or the C461 last to be exact is according to Kyle, it is the most roomy toe box of all the lasts Whites has, and that the toe is slightly more upturned, which is something that is appealing to me.

20. cathpah

cathpah Senior member

Ha. If people are actually flagging a post about your obviously jocular tone about the shape of a boot heel, I do believe they need to get a hobby.

Thanks for the info on the Wescos. Without going too far into it (or maybe you should), which brand of PNW/Canadian boot do you prefer overall? I just got my first pair of Nick's (which are beautiful), but I haven't owned them long enough to really be able to judge anything about them, and I've never owned a pair of Wescos.