• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

trvlr472

Reaction score
If you're confident you have the right size, then just keep wearing them. They'll settle in, over time.

We'll see. I'll give them a couple more months and if they don't fit right I'll make a phone call. The biggest problem is I don't do very much walking. Not near as much as the average person. I am paid to sit so it will probably take me about 3X longer to get these worn in. I can already tell that this oil finish leather is some tough stuff. It's been like strapping those hard plastic moto-cross boots from the 80's to my feet. Those moto-cross boots, by the way, were FAR more comfy but then they didn't stretch and conform with time as I'm sure this leather will.

cathpah

Reaction score
Mainly on the left side of the left boot. The leather on the upper left shaft is just pushing in on my leg. It has been so painful I have had to take them off after about 5 hours. As you can see in my other posts. That problem has just about gone away. they are still a little snug in other areas but they seem to be breaking in quite well. They are still quite stiff all around though.
Is it in the spot where you fold the gusset of the tongue? If so, that'll smooth/flatten out in time.

revrend

Reaction score
We'll see. I'll give them a couple more months and if they don't fit right I'll make a phone call. The biggest problem is I don't do very much walking. Not near as much as the average person. I am paid to sit so it will probably take me about 3X longer to get these worn in.

I've had my bison bounty hunters since October, do a lot of sitting, and wear them a couple times a week. I usually measure E, but Kyle at Bakers measured me at a B and D. They were brutal at first and felt slightly tight when I first put them on for a long time. A couple weeks ago, they clicked and are absolutely perfect in every way. Give it time.

cathpah

Reaction score
My natural CXL SDs arrived yesterday…

Call me crazy, but those don't look to be quite as Cuban (i.e. shaped/tapered) as what I've seen in the past. Maybe I need to reassess the Cuban Heel on my next boot.

anrobit

Reaction score
Call me crazy, but those don't look to be quite as Cuban (i.e. shaped/tapered) as what I've seen in the past. Maybe I need to reassess the Cuban Heel on my next boot.
Doesn't seem to be tapered from the side, which is strange

ben2t

Reaction score
They did not put the black tongue i requested and even called Baker's about before placing my order, not a deal breaker as i like the outcome of the boots but make me suspect about their MTO which 3 weeks only.

ben2t

Reaction score
You are correct B-Ewing, I think they only check their shelves for stocks and just pick the closest to my MTO and wait for 3 weeks and shipped the boots.
satisfied.gif

sammy

Reaction score

Doesn't seem to be tapered from the side, which is strange

The heel is definitely tapered. Compared to the heel on a cowboy boot, I wouldn't call the SD's heel a "Cuban" heel. When compared to a block heel, the taper is more apparent. The tapered heel is one of the features that give the SDs their distinctive look; and one of the reasons why I prefer them over other boots like the Alden Indy boot. Since I already had a pair of SDs, I was about to get a pair of Indys but I'm glad I went with another pair of SDs. They turn more heads than any other boot or shoe I own.

Last edited:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All,

I am working on a semi-dress makeup and would love some opinions on any possible changes:

• #8 CXL leather
  • no toe cap
  • single celastic toe
  • leather liner (black or cream)
  • pull tab (undecided)
  • antique eyelet and speed hook combo
  • close trim
  • block heel (possibly minus 1/4")
  • Commando mini lug half sole
  • single midsole
  • brown edge trim (possibly natural but probably not)

Thanks for the assistance as this would be my first White's makeup

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads