1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Whacky, Jan 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. univibe88

univibe88 Senior member

Thanks for the pics. Those boots are beautiful! Enjoy them in good health :)

2. b-ewing

b-ewing Senior member

Those came out perfect IMO. Congrats! Having Baker's touch up the heel looks like it was a good idea because I don't think I've seen nicer block heels on a pair of Whites. Still seems silly to have to do that on brand spankin new $400+ boots, but oh well

Pls refresh my memory; that's a lowered heel, correct?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  3. mogili222

mogili222 Senior member

I am also very much satisfied with how Baker's sanded down the heels on my Black HHs. Look very close to what @linafelt 's look like. But I might go standard heel on my next pair just to see how they look.

4. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

^^ Thanks guys. Yes, heel is lowered 1/4".

Honestly, I think I was basically trying to reproduce with this boot a White's version of the black Red Wing Iron Ranger. I have always thought that was about the perfect black workboot, with the exception of the weirdly straight back/heel on the IR. But I found the IR last to be incredibly narrow and couldn't wear it. The so called EE size feels about like a D, but it is only available on the amber and not the black.

Anyway, very happy with these SJs. I don't expect the CXL to be hardwearing, but I think it will be good enough for several years. And I got them fully lined, so that will help prevent stretching at least.

5. univibe88

univibe88 Senior member

6 mile urban hike along the Charles River in Boston. My SJs were the perfect boot!!

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Now

Now those are some serious boots... And a fine way to spend the day with them.

7. andy b.

andy b. Senior member

Haha! That is exactly how I feel about the IR heel!

Anyway, keep posting pics (of those beautiful boots), that is what this thread is all about!!!

8. gregornz

gregornz Senior member

^ I second that! Love the build of those boots! More pics please!

9. CityofChamps

CityofChamps Well-Known Member

Hey guys, just joined for this thread alone. I don't own a pair of White's yet but the education here has been amazing. Thanks to all for the pics and info. I'll have questions to follow I'm sure.

10. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Welcome to the board.

11. mogili222

mogili222 Senior member

Which of these boots represent a color closer to how the Brown Oil (Brown Smooth) leather looks like in real life? Or is it just how it looks in different light?

These
    [​IMG]

Or these..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love the shine on the leather in the last picture..

12. LouieBailie

LouieBailie Senior member

It all depends on what leather conditioner you use. Bick 4 will keep them light and all the others will darken them.....

13. LouieBailie

LouieBailie Senior member

1 person likes this.
  14. mogili222

mogili222 Senior member

Thank you.. So is the leather that is on the heal counter of this boot the regular Brown Oil that just lightened up..

[​IMG]

Here are a couple more pictures of the same boots. Courtesy demonito on Iron Heart forums.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  15. gregornz

gregornz Senior member

^ That might be red dog smooth?

16. 4characters

4characters Senior member

Yup, red dog with natty CXL

17. 4characters

4characters Senior member

Top ones are the only brown smooth.

18. TH3515

TH3515 Senior member

Here's my pair in brown smooth with a bit less direct light.
    [​IMG]

In full daylight these look exactly like the "stacked" pictured earlier.

19. gregornz

gregornz Senior member

Those Red Dogs are so freakin sweet! How did the owner get the leather so rich in hue?

20. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Just a note that it's really difficult to get the true sense of a leather in pictures. Flashes especially make everything look shinier than it is in real life.

@mogli222, have you asked Whites to send leather samples? They will do so very willingly, and even though they are small and it is sometimes hard to imagine what they will look like on a whole boot, they certainly do help.