1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Whacky, Jan 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. ojaw

ojaw Senior member

rawr, ffft ffft

2. rutabaga

rutabaga Senior member

Since I can't unthumbs up this, apparently, I should set the record straight and say I was intending to report you for being a sycophantic and poisonous poster.

4 people like this.
  3. westie187

westie187 Senior member

Wow, this thread shit the bed. Lighten up. folks.

1 person likes this.
  4. sleepy94

sleepy94 Well-Known Member

I've seen this happen over on some other threads as well. I remember when people use to just post pictures of their stuff and we would all be excited for them. Then we would talk about how excited we were when we placed our orders for items.
    Can we talk about White's boots again? I have dreams of smoke jumpers in bullhide, and bounty hunter's in various cxl's, and how bout some french calf semi-dress? Let's get our thread back!

1 person likes this.
  5. Bingham

Bingham Senior member

Agreed!

I asked this before to no answer (which may mean I should contact Bakers directly) but does anyone know if it is possible to get the tongue leather in a different color if the rest of the boot is in a different leather?

6. TH3515

TH3515 Senior member

Speaking of bullhide - have you seen the fantastic (to my eyes at least) olive grey bullhide on this Ultrasound build?

[​IMG]

7. TH3515

TH3515 Senior member

^ That would be interesting, also wrt black bullhide - I'm playing with the idea of a black bullhide semi dress with black dress medallion toe caps & backstays...

8. beeetus

beeetus New Member

I have two pairs with bullhide. Let me see if I can find some pictures.

9. EastWestApparel

EastWestApparel Senior member

You can get a different tongue colour to the rest of the boot Bingham, good look as well!

10. b-ewing

b-ewing Senior member

[​IMG]

Brown dress SD goodness

3 people like this.
  11. mogili222

mogili222 Senior member

Those look amazing.. How old are those??

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  12. b-ewing

b-ewing Senior member

Thx man; only about 5mos old. 55 last, brown eyelets and hooks, standard heel and double leather soles. Absolute, hands down, no one can argue otherwise, best bang for your buck boots available on the market

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  13. mogili222

mogili222 Senior member

What is a 55 last? Is that the Standard last?

14. b-ewing

b-ewing Senior member

Yes #55 last is the standard "SD" last.

15. daizawaguy

daizawaguy Senior member

Yep, I`d be nice to them, and ask a favor...anything should be possible...

16. kenucklehead

kenucklehead Active Member

Your brown boots look exactly like mine... and mine has the SD last.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  17. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

I think that a good candidate for "most bang for your buck boots" might be the Chippewa engineer boot, currently marketed at LL Bean as the Katahdin iron works boot. Now selling for $210. I know that's considered a low end boot by many guys on Styleforum, but it is a quality boot made in the US. Pretty sure the Katahdins are the same as my old Chippewas, which I remember buying off the sale rack for $45 (!), and they lasted for 10 years as my primary boot. Now at about 13 years they are on their last legs, but they looked great, were comfortable, and wore like iron.

Having said that, I am even more excited about getting my $500 SJ's, which should be coming soon. But it's hard to beat $210 -- unless it's finding them on sale for $45!

18. mogili222

mogili222 Senior member

Thank you for posting this picture.. If I had just got only the brown boots, I think I might not have noticed it too as these are my first pair of Whites, but I definitely notice the difference between the two pairs once I put them side by side. They even fit very different.

At this time, I think I will just wait for Baker's to receive them and see what they say.

Love your pair, I think I am also going get myself a Bounty Hunter in Brown Chromexcel once I get my other pairs sorted out.. Love the leather and the build of these boots .

19. meso

meso Senior member

Agreed. I picked up a pair for 265 on this forum. Never regretted it. My go-to travel boots. Can walk around a city all day in comfort.

20. daizawaguy

daizawaguy Senior member

1 person likes this.