• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

frankman

Reaction score
TigerPac,

I use the trees I got from White's. I like to keep the shape and may consider celastic for next pair of SDs.

Frankman

ben2t

Reaction score
thanks 2eleven, its the classic C461, I want the BH in Semi Dress last but there is no option for close trim sole so i go with the C461.

4characters

Reaction score
Nice!

EastWestApparel

Reaction score
Congrats Mr Ewing, look forward to a viewing.

Ben, just for future reference, you can get close trim on a BH, they might of had it as an option accidentally but you can get it as standard.

Cheers.

cwmi

Reaction score
I am currently breaking in a new pair of SD's, in brown Bison. I'm the one that purchased the pair that Blaster had for sale. I ended up
sending them to Baker's to have the heels changed to a standard height and the soles changed to the Commando mini lug half. So far
they are great ! I did notice that the stitching is white, compared to my other two pairs of SD's. Only one bummer though, when they
skived out the leather to attach the half sole one boot is more flat and the other is more convex. Oddly enough I don't feel it when I walk,
mostly just if I'm standing I can sort of roll my ankle back and forth. It will cause premature wear in the center contact area.. I might wear
them a few more days then make a decision if I'll send them back to fix it or not.

cwmi

Reaction score
Here is a quick cell phone pic

20131113_214353_zps91699776.jpg

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glad to see you're putting them to good use, bro. They look excellent!

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some White's / Viberg comparison pics. I would say that Viberg clearly wins on quality and craftsmanship (check out the welt pics), but I find White's more comfortable..

b-ewing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Linafelt, these comparison photos and your take are great. Thank you for sharing. Those are your 2040 black horsehide boots right? Also, Im interested to hear your take on the price comparison, seeing as you can practically buy two pairs of SDs for the price of one pair of Service Boots. (Or at least save 250-300 bones)

ben2t

Reaction score
Linefelt and B-wing i 101% agree on quality, comfort and price, its very helpful seeing both boots side by side. And it will be great to see some comparison of well worn Semi Dress and Service Boots too as both are on my want to have list.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads