• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another update post: the Bounty Hunters I got in last year. These things are still nowhere near fully broken in despite the miles. Double midsoles take a lot of work!

Double midsoles are kicking my behind lol.
If I were smart I would have listened to Kyle and opted for single midsoles.

brandonboot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I ordered my first pair it was four weeks, and that seemed like an eternity.

'twas a simpler time...
My first pair of whites took 9 weeks to generate a shipping label and tracking number. 10 to show up at the door. This was only 2 years ago

brandonboot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just ticking off the 3 month mark for the Packer 690 red dog build ... time seems like it's evaporating these days!

Where are others at along their build timeline?

Cheers,
I just hit the 6 month mark on a pair of wesco pre orders. I believe the lead time was around 6 months. I haven’t even gotten charged the other portion of the order yet tho to start it. …. not many people talk in the wesco thread

iamntbatman

Reaction score
Double midsoles are kicking my behind lol.
If I were smart I would have listened to Kyle and opted for single midsoles.

Your double midsole boots have a full-length rubber outsole, right? That's gotta be even more work to break in. I wouldn't say these are "kicking my butt" but they're definitely not my first choice for walking around all day.

Luscombe

Reaction score
Shipping notification yesterday. My SD's ordered BF 2020 are shipping.
This is the 2nd remake. Each one took about 6 months. Kyle has been great taking care of the issues.
I'll post photos when they arrive.

I don't think I will see my custom MP's ordered fathers day, until late November.
I am looking forward to some cooler weather so I can start wearing my boots again.

Hellraysaz

Reaction score
Shipping notification yesterday. My SD's ordered BF 2020 are shipping.
This is the 2nd remake. Each one took about 6 months. Kyle has been great taking care of the issues.
I'll post photos when they arrive.

I don't think I will see my custom MP's ordered fathers day, until late November.
I am looking forward to some cooler weather so I can start wearing my boots again.

2 rebuilds. Each taking ~ 6 months....
Happy they're coming back to you. You've been awfully patient.

Glad to hear how well Bakers' has taken care of you.

On White's customer support side: did they contact you, send you pictures or anything to try and build your confidence in the meantime that this 3rd build would be the last?

Luscombe

Reaction score
2 rebuilds. Each taking ~ 6 months....
Happy they're coming back to you. You've been awfully patient.

Glad to hear how well Bakers' has taken care of you.

On White's customer support side: did they contact you, send you pictures or anything to try and build your confidence in the meantime that this 3rd build would be the last?
Not a word from White's at any time. Kyle did all the communication.
I tried to keep it in perspective. This is one pair of boots. Kyle sells many pairs per day so no need to make a big deal over just 1 pair. Kyle will take care of whatever the issue. I resisted calling Kyle and let the process play out. On the previous renditions, White's actually dropped the ball and stopped production because on the boot fabrication for weeks until I called and asked Kyle for an update. I don't think Whites is the same company it was before it was purchased several years ago.

I went with an SD on the 5050 last with an unstructured toe and no cap. I am curious to see how it compares to my BH on 5050. I think it should be the same and if it is, it will be a great fitting boot.

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score
Hope y’all had a good weekend.

Got some yard work done & have a rack of spare’s going on the BGE.

These one-off Chromepak SD’s are nothing special but have some good patina going this evening. Wanted to share a pic -

56B43471-49E3-4996-AF8F-68A31CC7AA97.jpeg

Luscombe

Reaction score
Not a word from White's at any time. Kyle did all the communication.
I tried to keep it in perspective. This is one pair of boots. Kyle sells many pairs per day so no need to make a big deal over just 1 pair. Kyle will take care of whatever the issue. I resisted calling Kyle and let the process play out. On the previous renditions, White's actually dropped the ball and stopped production because on the boot fabrication for weeks until I called and asked Kyle for an update. I don't think Whites is the same company it was before it was purchased several years ago.

I went with an SD on the 5050 last with an unstructured toe and no cap. I am curious to see how it compares to my BH on 5050. I think it should be the same and if it is, it will be a great fitting boot.

These arrived today. #8 shell. They fit very well, no hot spots and the break-in will be minimal. Single leather sole, soft toe and really nice profile. These can compete with Viberg all day long. Not quite as stunning as the medallion Cap toe SD but still very nice.
20220817_181601.jpg
20220817_181612.jpg
20220817_181623.jpg
20220817_181707.jpg
20220817_181717.jpg
20220817_181722.jpg
20220817_181729.jpg

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mogili222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These arrived today. #8 shell. They fit very well, no hot spots and the break-in will be minimal. Single leather sole, soft toe and really nice profile. These can compete with Viberg all day long. Not quite as stunning as the medallion Cap toe SD but still very nice.
View attachment 1823337 View attachment 1823338 View attachment 1823339 View attachment 1823340 View attachment 1823341 View attachment 1823342 View attachment 1823343
What last are these on.. Love the build..

Hellraysaz

Reaction score
These are the 5050 last on the standard SD boot. Or the SD boot built on the 5050 last.

5050, soft toe, #8. SD pattern. Very, very nice choices! They come together as a heck of a build.

Curious: anything special made you pick plain toe over the original brown with brogue cap?
Perhaps related question: Do you know who provided the shell leather for the rebuilds? I do not see shell cordovan as available option on Baker's site(nor White's).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads