• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

the shivman

Reaction score
They do crepe soles, so I am sure that they would do any sole you asked for.

frankman

Reaction score
B-Ewing,

Keep brushing 'em when you're done. Go out in all weather with 'em. I don't have a leather lining but the brusing helps a lot with patina.

Frankman

aaronjared

Reaction score
Some natty CXL love now that they are starting to show a little age. Received these 2 weeks ago and have been wearing them every day. Specs are 6" BH with mini lug half sole and antique hardware. I was shooting for a look that is a combination of the Red Wing GT and Iron Ranger, but obviously much less of a chore to wear. I will take a couple more pictures in natural sunlight tomorrow.

I don't know why, but the toe caps are darker than the rest of the boot. Arrived that way out of the box, and they have darkened with brushing. The boots are very sharp, and I wear them with everything from jeans to open-collared casual office wear.

This isn't my first pair of White's, but I don't think the quality can be stated enough. White's is to Red Wing what Red Wing is to Timberland. Just in a class of their own, and after falling in love with the Arch Ease I wonder if my Indy Boots will end up getting pushed into retirement. Next up for me will be a pair of horsehide semi-dress or I may spring for a pair of oxfords.

4characters

Reaction score
Very nice, looking forward to seeing more pics tomorrow.
biggrin.gif

PASstudy

Reaction score
Boots came in last Friday 8/23. Ordered from White's directly on July 12. Americana Semi-dress in Red Milano WB.

Enjoy the boots so far. They feel great, not has heavy as I expected.. Not a big fan of the laces so I'm planning to switch them out for some brown dress laces.
The ArchEase definitely takes some getting used to. Initially they caused me some foot pain, knee issue, but I am wearing flats in the hopstial 99.9% of the time and rarely sneakers so I don't knock the system but it's certainly not for those with flat feet.

In other news, I am in need of a polish. I have the SD in Red Milano Water Buffalo. Anyone have any recommendations about a good polish that matches the color well?

4characters

Reaction score
certainly not for those with flat feet.
We must have different kinds of flat feet or something because arch ease supports my feet, puts my feet in a comfortable position, puts my ankles and knees in alignment and for all practical purposes cures the symptoms I usually have to deal with because of my flat feet in other shoes… I.E. hurting ankles, knees, and feet…
Funny, ain't it…

Last edited:

daizawaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I`d say it`s all to do with the fit. Given that White`s have so many size combinations of width and length, you need to find the right one, and not guess that because you`re a certain size in one boot maker, that size will fit in Whites. Once you get the right fit, the arch comfort is a fantastic thing, and there are no metal shanks used in the shoe for strength. A good fitting pair is the best thing ever, one size off, and it throws things out of line.

4characters

Reaction score
I’d say SDs in size 10.5D with an insole fit like SJs in size 10D… but getting measured is the best way to go.
Ask Kyle.
smile.gif

BTW: glad to hear your going to go for it, what config. are you getting?

Last edited:

b-ewing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I’d say SDs in size 10.5D with an insole fit like SJs in size 10D… but getting measured is the best way to go.
Ask Kyle.:)

BTW: glad to hear your going to go for it, what are you getting?
Righty right :) I'm very seriously considering taking another trip to Whites for a fitting. But then that'll just further delay my order. Decided to go super trad: brown dress, antique brass eyelets and hooks. Unlined uppers, standard trim w/brown stain. still undecided on the soles though! between 269, single leather or double leather

Similar to these

Last edited:

cwmi

Reaction score

Some natty CXL love now that they are starting to show a little age. Received these 2 weeks ago and have been wearing them every day. Specs are 6" BH with mini lug half sole and antique hardware. I was shooting for a look that is a combination of the Red Wing GT and Iron Ranger, but obviously much less of a chore to wear. I will take a couple more pictures in natural sunlight tomorrow. I don't know why, but the toe caps are darker than the rest of the boot. Arrived that way out of the box, and they have darkened with brushing. The boots are very sharp, and I wear them with everything from jeans to open-collared casual office wear. This isn't my first pair of White's, but I don't think the quality can be stated enough. White's is to Red Wing what Red Wing is to Timberland. Just in a class of their own, and after falling in love with the Arch Ease I wonder if my Indy Boots will end up getting pushed into retirement. Next up for me will be a pair of horsehide semi-dress or I may spring for a pair of oxfords. [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR]
These are about three months old. They too have the toe cap darker, i think its got something to do with the leather being stretched. These have been oiled, brushed regularly and just the other day i hit them with some clear polish. I like how they turned out and think they are developing a great patina. Sorry about the crappy cell phone pics. Also i have flat feet and the arche ease works great for me.

cwmi

Reaction score

I can't wait until mine start to darken like that!

The flash didn't really show the true color, they are darker than yours but not quite as dark as the pictures show. Keep brushing them and they will darken.

EastWestApparel

Reaction score
B-Ewing,

To me the most straightforward ones are the best. Size: SJ works out about half a size larger than the SD on average, it's definitely a more full boot in the toe and ball area. The best sizing advice from Someone who's been doing it for a little while by proxy now: get comparisons to other brands that you have and nothing beats trying them on!! I've had tracings and measurements sent to me that I've checked through White's and other well known Retailers and more often than not, everyone has offered up different sizing, quite significantly. The tracing unless you go to White's and get it done can be very subjective...sock thickness, pencil angle etc...
It's to put people off, quite a lot get it right, but if I would have gone with the recommendation everytime then there would be some disappointed and out of pocket people out there. Just my 50p's worth.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads