• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks , yes they are on 55 last. only customization i asked for was double mid soles. that's it.
I asked a few months ago about 55 last in Nomads and narrow shafts but was told White's won't do it so may be after your experience they (White's) no longer do any customization?

prasom

Reaction score
I asked a few months ago about 55 last in Nomads and narrow shafts but was told White's won't do it so may be after your experience they (White's) no longer do any customization?
Yes I asked about the narrow shaft too and Kyle said it is no. And when i got the boots i understood why. even with the regular shaft it is difficult to get the foot in. in fact I had to use a garbage bag to get my left foot in. But the shaft could be narrower at the very top

klank74

Reaction score
Yes I asked about the narrow shaft too and Kyle said it is no. And when i got the boots i understood why. even with the regular shaft it is difficult to get the foot in. in fact I had to use a garbage bag to get my left foot in. But the shaft could be narrower at the very top
What last are the nomads usually made on? I’d love a pair, but I’ve found the 38 last to work best for me. Even with that though, I still have to get an instep adjustment for my shallow instep and have them built on a combo last (13C/B heel). I kinda doubt Nomads would work for me.

prasom

Reaction score
i thought it was 55 at first, but them upon checking on bakers website it is 1970 Arch-Ease last . i was fitted for 55 last at first and then I mention do Kyle that i would like to go for the Nomads. i am 8.5 EE on 55 and the only change of size he suggested for Nomads is to go to 8.5 E.

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't let the numbers deceive you, White's managed to make a heavier shoe than boot

IMG_5674.jpg
IMG_5675.jpg

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All of these new designs and leathers, and crepe soles are fine I guess... time marches on... but it is nice to see an honest pair of boots, in an honest boot leather, showing honest wear... to me, these are what White's are all about... classic!

You sir have excellent taste...

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All of these new designs and leathers, and crepe soles are fine I guess... time marches on... but it is nice to see an honest pair of boots, in an honest boot leather, showing honest wear... to me, these are what White's are all about... classic!

You sir have excellent taste...
Cheers mate!

fushaw

Reaction score
I have 2 picture requests if people could help me out. Wife wants some black boots and I thought the elk tan was a nice black color with some nice brown undertones? Any pics people can share?

the other request is either some bounty hunters or mp boots I’m burgundy shell

thanks!

montanamike

Reaction score
I have 2 picture requests if people could help me out. Wife wants some black boots and I thought the elk tan was a nice black color with some nice brown undertones? Any pics people can share?

the other request is either some bounty hunters or mp boots I’m burgundy shell

thanks!
I have posted some pics of mine in the past. I'm not able to connect to my images at the moment however. I'm a fan of both colors of the elk tan.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking about ordering a pair of the Stevens Dress Cap on the 5050 Arch Ease last. Does 1/2 down from brannock sound right for sizing?

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking about ordering a pair of the Stevens Dress Cap on the 5050 Arch Ease last. Does 1/2 down from brannock sound right for sizing?
1/2 size is right. The question I think becomes the width. It's narrow, but the 5050 adds some value and the arch helps. I find that I have to go up a width on the MP last, but that it made it to voluminous on the 5050.

Hellraysaz

Reaction score
Thought this might be of interest to some of you

White's currently has plenty of their GYW model on closeout sale. https://shop.whitesboots.com/closeout/

When I inquired to know if they were phasing out their GYW offering or some of the models, here is the reply I got.

We are not doing away with our Goodyear Welt Construction. We are discontinuing our Main Streets, First Avenue Oxfords, Kinney Chukkas and Otto Derbys.

I'm sure there's a good reason behind the move, but that also kinda sucks. I really like my own Main Streets!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads