• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

chicagoan2016

Reaction score
just found out that Baker's anniversary sale is in-store only!

patinapatty

Reaction score
Wanted to thank you all in this thread for helping me receive my first pair of White's and the enjoyment of reading this thread.

My pair looks great besides the heels being a bit angled and holes / openings near the welt in these photos — do you think they should be a cause for concern? They don't look bad but I just wonder if this will let water in any of the interior.
IMG_5724.jpg
IMG_5725.jpg

klank74

Reaction score
Wanted to thank you all in this thread for helping me receive my first pair of White's and the enjoyment of reading this thread.

My pair looks great besides the heels being a bit angled and holes / openings near the welt in these photos — do you think they should be a cause for concern? They don't look bad but I just wonder if this will let water in any of the interior.
View attachment 1641201View attachment 1641200
I’ve had some of that on my last 2 pairs of Whites. I emailed Kyle at Bakers with the same concerns and he told me it shouldn’t be a problem. He said it’s from them not pulling the welt stitching quite tight enough. So far I’ve had no problems with water intrusion. Maybe you wanna email him though, just to have it documented.

RockyMountain22

Reaction score
just found out that Baker's anniversary sale is in-store only!
chicagoan2016--

Is this set in stone?? Your intel is probably better than mine on this one ...

Any explanation? Maybe too many orders and White's is concerned re: more lockdowns going forward?

When I spoke with Baker's last week on Packer options, the gal (didn't catch here name) said they were still finalizing and maybe another week before it went live.

Seriously hope this is not so.

Please advise.

Cheers,

Last edited:

chicagoan2016

Reaction score
chicagoan2016--

Is this set in stone?? Your intel is probably better than mine on this one ...

Any explanation? Maybe too many orders and White's is concerned re: more lockdowns going forward?

When I spoke with Baker's last week on Packer options, the gal (didn't catch here name) said they were still finalizing and maybe another week before it went live.

Seriously hope this is not so.

Please advise.

Cheers,
I gave them a call earlier today and I was told the sale had started but when I asked about the time it was going live, the customer service person confirmed from management it wasn't.
I saw a post from Baker's Boots (on Facebook) which mentioned in-store sale in a subtle way and also that the sale is going to end on Saturday.
I was hoping to get a free upgrade on HH : )

RockyMountain22

Reaction score
I gave them a call earlier today and I was told the sale had started but when I asked about the time it was going live, the customer service person confirmed from management it wasn't.
I saw a post from Baker's Boots (on Facebook) which mentioned in-store sale in a subtle way and also that the sale is going to end on Saturday.
I was hoping to get a free upgrade on HH : )
Is this the Universe's way of telling me too many boots?!?

I'm not mad, just ... disappointed ...

Cheers,

chicagoan2016

Reaction score
Is this the Universe's way of telling me too many boots?!?

I'm not mad, just ... disappointed ...

Cheers,
I grew up in the 80s and 90s but my older brother always talked about "Saturday night fever" so I finally watched the movie and one of my favorite dialogs is, when Tony Manero (John Travolta) says "Don't worry about nothing!".
So, Black Friday sale is only four months away! I hope I can get and break-in the three pairs that I ordered during Father's day sale.

RockyMountain22

Reaction score
I grew up in the 80s and 90s but my older brother always talked about "Saturday night fever" so I finally watched the movie and one of my favorite dialogs is, when Tony Manero (John Travolta) says "Don't worry about nothing!".
So, Black Friday sale is only four months away! I hope I can get and break-in the three pairs that I ordered during Father's day sale.

I'm an optimistic guy if nothing else, so I will keep my powder dry in anticipation of Black Friday coming to us once again.

At least I have one order already in the queue, right?

Shame there are no close-by brick and mortar shops to cast my shadow.

"Don't worry about nothing!" - will keep that in mind going forward, chicagoan2016.

Cheers,

wordfool

Reaction score
An update on the "bonkers" pair of black bison/bullhide BHs I received last month -- the ones with the massive heel shelf and both heel stacks already starting to separate. After discussion with Baker's I opted to send them back for a re-heel and, about a month later, they're back with me, looking just as awesomely bonkers but without a heel shelf wide enough for afternoon tea.

Of course, being White's, nothing is every perfect, and I noticed that the heels differ in height by about 2-3mm, but I compared a few other pairs of my White's and they all have marginally uneven heels so I doubt my body will notice. I guess this is pretty normal and it's hard to create totally equal stacks of nailed leather and rubber. They'll probably even out a bit with wear.

Here's a comparison of a before and after heel shot (same boot, image flipped):

BlackBison_heel.jpg

and here's another beauty shot of the re-heeled pair just for good measure:

BlackBison_new.jpg

PACostag

Reaction score
An update on the "bonkers" pair of black bison/bullhide BHs I received last month -- the ones with the massive heel shelf and both heel stacks already starting to separate. After discussion with Baker's I opted to send them back for a re-heel and, about a month later, they're back with me, looking just as awesomely bonkers but without a heel shelf wide enough for afternoon tea.

Of course, being White's, nothing is every perfect, and I noticed that the heels differ in height by about 2-3mm, but I compared a few other pairs of my White's and they all have marginally uneven heels so I doubt my body will notice. I guess this is pretty normal and it's hard to create totally equal stacks of nailed leather and rubber. They'll probably even out a bit with wear.

Here's a comparison of a before and after heel shot (same boot, image flipped):

View attachment 1642258

and here's another beauty shot of the re-heeled pair just for good measure:

View attachment 1642259
Repair job looks great, much nicer with the closer trim

Still the most bananas pair of White's on here and I want them so badly

Last edited:

chicagoan2016

Reaction score
Gentlemen, should I order celastic toes on
1) Packers?
2) Pointed toe packers?