• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

denotenkoning

Reaction score
Yesterday received my 3rd MTO White's. I have to say, this is the best pair I have received so far (no strange things discovered yet). Also my 1st black boot if I'm not mistaken. It pays homage to the original black Smokejumper (sort of).

6", 55 last (size 9D), Black Dress leather, Lined, All brass eyes + Vibram 700 soles (black stain). Also rolled tops + no pull loops (and traingle stitch at the back).

IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1051.jpg

chicagoan2016

Reaction score
Yesterday received my 3rd MTO White's. I have to say, this is the best pair I have received so far (no strange things discovered yet). Also my 1st black boot if I'm not mistaken. It pays homage to the original black Smokejumper (sort of).

6", 55 last (size 9D), Black Dress leather, Lined, All brass eyes + Vibram 700 soles (black stain). Also rolled tops + no pull loops (and traingle stitch at the back).

View attachment 1597057
View attachment 1597058
View attachment 1597059
They look flawless!
Was the black welt a special request ?
What is triangle stitch?
Thanks

denotenkoning

Reaction score
The black dress leather is a great choice, how thick is it compared to other leathers you own?
Well my other 2x White's are made from Elk Tan and Distressed Smooth. And they are a bit thicker. But I am happily surprised with the quality of Black Dress. It also has a nice shine to it already.

motojobobo

Reaction score

Beautiful pair, congrats.
Your build gives me a solid starting point for the black motorcycle boots I still need. I’d probably go for a non-LTT boot and silver hardware; other than that it’d be a copy of yours.

denotenkoning

Reaction score
Beautiful pair, congrats.
Your build gives me a solid starting point for the black motorcycle boots I still need. I’d probably go for a non-LTT boot and silver hardware; other than that it’d be a copy of yours.
Good choice! 😬 I almost went for nickel myself!

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It has been a while since I posted, I was at Disney World last week, and met a couple from Spokane at Epcot. Being the gregarious fellow I am, we struck up a conversation... they were telling me how nice Spokane was, and I mentioned that they were blessed with a plethora of excellent bootmakers... and they looked at me like I had two heads.

"You know", I said... "White's Boots... no? Nick's Boot's... nothing? Frank's Boots...nada..."

I guess when I think of Spokane, my first thought is boots (being a member of the this thread), but even some people who actually live in Spokane don't seem to know about these wonderful companies in their own back yard... kind of like people who live in NYC never go to the Statue of Liberty...

I felt like the hobbits in Lord of the Rings, incredulous that Aragorn did not know about second breakfast...

Pippin : What about breakfast?
Aragorn : You've already had it.
Pippin : We've had one, yes. What about second breakfast?
Merry : I don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip.
Pippin : What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?

What about White's? Nick's? Frank's? JK Boots? You know about them... don't you?

Don't count on it...

montanamike

Reaction score
It has been a while since I posted, I was at Disney World last week, and met a couple from Spokane at Epcot. Being the gregarious fellow I am, we struck up a conversation... they were telling me how nice Spokane was, and I mentioned that they were blessed with a plethora of excellent bootmakers... and they looked at me like I had two heads.

"You know", I said... "White's Boots... no? Nick's Boot's... nothing? Frank's Boots...nada..."

I guess when I think of Spokane, my first thought is boots (being a member of the this thread), but even some people who actually live in Spokane don't seem to know about these wonderful companies in their own back yard... kind of like people who live in NYC never go to the Statue of Liberty...

I felt like the hobbits in Lord of the Rings, incredulous that Aragorn did not know about second breakfast...

Pippin : What about breakfast?
Aragorn : You've already had it.
Pippin : We've had one, yes. What about second breakfast?
Merry : I don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip.
Pippin : What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?

What about White's? Nick's? Frank's? JK Boots? You know about them... don't you?

Don't count on it...
Unless you grew up in the logging / forest service areas, there is little chance you'd ever encounter any of those makers and/or customers of those makers. Given the size of Spokane, it is a very small subset. Had my dad not purchased two pairs of Whites when he graduated forestry school at University of Montana is the early 70's, there is little to no chance I would be posting here today.

As an aside... I have to say I would not have envisioned our strongest proponent of the 38 last visiting Disney World... Assumptions challenged.

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As an aside... I have to say I would not have envisioned our strongest proponent of the 38 last visiting Disney World... Assumptions challenged.
I like to tell people it is for the kid's... even though we have none... my wife tells me I act like a kid, but she loves Disney, and I love her, and it is still a pretty cool vacation...

Just insert a 46 year old (admittedly spoiled) [Legal Eagles] wherever you see "kids" below... this is how my wife would describe the trip...

The kids got overtired and threw a tantrum at noon when Rise of the Resistance broke down (again) and their boarding group was delayed (again)...
All the kids wanted to do was swim in the pool...
The kids got in trouble for trying to peek behind the construction barricades at EPOCT...
It took 50 minutes to get the kids out of bed and dressed, so we missed rope drop...
The kids got motion sick and almost threw up on Mission Space...
The kids' feet got tired, and we ended up ordering room service instead of going to California Grill...
We told the kids that if they bought a souvenir early in the day, they had to carry it, but the kids did not listen and griped so much I ended up carrying their stuff...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy