• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tavoz

Reaction score
Guys, thanks for the incomes. Actually, no way for me to try White's here in France... only chance is to compare with other boots and make a call to Kyle, as you suggest. Hope he really gives me some super affirmative feedback...

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the difference in sizing between SD and SJ?

I need some taller boots for moped/motorcycle riding..I'm a 9EE in SD

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I wanted the SJ i'd imagine I can get same size in the 461 last (SD last/ bounty hunter) ?

EastWestApparel

Reaction score
Hi Knucks. You can if you are happy with the look of that last. Will make sizing a lot easier. Just for info, the SJ runs about .5 larger than the SD last and feels bigger throughout as it has a more volumous raised profile.

EastWestApparel

Reaction score

Guys, thanks for the incomes. Actually, no way for me to try White's here in France... only chance is to compare with other boots and make a call to Kyle, as you suggest. Hope he really gives me some super affirmative feedback...

Hi Tavoz, any other brands you know your sizing in for comparison purposes, it's a reasonable jump between a 9 and 10 even if the width is different.

4characters

Reaction score
just put in my order at bakers/kyle for basically this minus two different things. http://www.eastwestapparel.co.uk/Whites-Boots/semi-dress-brown-dress

really looking forward to them now the 8-10 week wait
ffffuuuu.gif

Nice, good luck on the wait.

tigerpac

Reaction score
8-10 weeks? That's bad but not so bad, I had to wait 13 and I'm sure others on here have horror stories of even longer - the good thing is once they come, all that waiting will be forgotten

And to the post before - I don't believe you can do bounty hunters in horsehide... baker's does semi-dress in horsehide but I think that's it.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea he quoted me 8-10 weeks but i'm expecting it to be longer :cheers:

4characters

Reaction score

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

[SIZE=12pt]While we are on the topic of wait time… When I ordered my boots I found something confusing on baker’s website for: Custom Semi Dress - Chrome Excel Leather[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt][COLOR=0000FF]http://www.bakershoe.com/display-product.cfm/product/custom-semi-dress---chrome-excel-leather[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]It says:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“Make up time is 3-5 weeks.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Is this possible?[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]Or is that not including shipping time, etc..[/SIZE]

Probably not. I'm pretty sure they put the wait time from when they first posted that boot configuration page. It's probably way outdated.

4characters

Reaction score
Ah, I see.

tigerpac

Reaction score
Does White's make any boots dressy enough for a business casual office setting? Having a hard time finding a configuration that would work Semi-dress with non-celastic toe box or something? Pretty sure that wasn't an option (EDIT: I might be thinking of the HH SDs only)

Looking at getting some boots for the fall that I can wear to and after work. In the alternative going to get some Tricker's stow boots w/ danite soles, but don't have to be that dressy... don't want full leather soles, but maybe 1/2's.

Last edited:

daizawaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure SD is available without the celastic toe - and the sence of dressiness really depends on the leather choice - water buffalo and french calf can be very dressy. Leather sole too...

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
None of the White's lasts are very dressy. Unless your business casual office setting is industrial chic, I'd stick with Alden's for this type of thing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads