1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Whacky, Jan 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. daizawaguy

daizawaguy Well-Known Member

Really depends, but if it feels tight at first fit, don't hope for much. A 1/8 of an inch I`d say, which can't be enough to get rid of the tight feel...how many of us have tried and hoped, but alas it never works out that way...

2. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Well-Known Member

don't know how tight they are on you, but if you don't have issues on the length & you're able to put them on w/ thin or w/o socks, then it's doable.

i've stretched quite a few pairs just cuz my feet are on the wide-side. however, yours seemed to look like the White's full grain leather, so it's going to be a bit tougher ... but, as i mentioned, doable.

my William Lennon T.O.W. in reversed kip butt leather [thicker & more dense than SJ rough-outs, actually] were feverishly tight & tough when i got them. now, they're considerably more comfortable, tho' they need to soften up quite a bit more.

either, acquire a shoe [vamp] stretcher w/c you can find @most shoe repair shops or you can use shoe trees [if you already got those]. i use mink oil [Red Wing], specially formulated for hard boot leather.

1] apply mink oil on the vamp, let settle for a few hours

2] insert stretcher & tighten w/o forcing__ if using shoe tree, insert wedge material [ie, shoe horn, cardboard, etc.] to tighten

3] re-apply mink oil & set aside for a day or 2__ also, you can blow dry slightly to distribute oil evenly

4] re-adjust stretcher to tighten & set aside for another couple of days__ if using shoe tree, add inserts

once you got them stretched out, you need to wear them constantly, otherwise leather will snap back to original state. if still too tight, repeat steps 1-4

good luck!!!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  3. brokeassp

brokeassp Well-Known Member

After having gone through several pairs, if it doesn't fit out the box- chances are it is the wrong size.

4. mojahanafiah

mojahanafiah Active Member

Thanks for all feedbacks guys..please refer pictures for fit pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is a normal brown leather, not cxl..stretcher and mink oil method look promising though..

5. frankman

frankman Member

Ken,

Yep. I was surprised with the hole in the sole and I loved the leather sole. When I first bought my semi-dress I used to reguarly knock on the sole with my knuckes to show my friends that boots were awesome quality. I'll be getting them back with the full mini vibram sole which I don't mind b/c winter's coming.

Frankman

6. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. Brian Itzaina

Brian Itzaina Well-Known Member

12" Custom Smokejumpers
    (Break in tip - oil the tonged - Thanks Kyle)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. daizawaguy

daizawaguy Well-Known Member

Good luck - but it does seem at the top you need that to come together quite a lot...how does your big toe feel? Does it sit natural, or compensating for the narrow width?

9. EastWestApparel

EastWestApparel Well-Known Member

Cool pics and boots to match daizawaguy, very nice.

10. tigerpac

tigerpac Well-Known Member

Can always take the boots to a cobbler to stretch them as well.

I found the bounty hunters to run a little narrow so I went with an E width and they've been great. As long as they're only one size too narrow, try and work with em, if they are way too narrow, abandon ship!

11. b-ewing

b-ewing Well-Known Member

Duuuuuuuuude

12. linafelt

linafelt Well-Known Member

I know this has come up before, but can anyone tell me the height of a Whites block heel, lowered by 1/4 inch, whole heel measured at the back? Also, would different soles affect heel height?

13. brokeassp

brokeassp Well-Known Member

yes absolutely. do a search for height in this thread for comparo pics

14. EastWestApparel

EastWestApparel Well-Known Member

Hi Tod, the heel height varies a few mm here and there depending on sole choice but also as I've found on stock boots, who in the worshop is doing soles and heels that day/ week. I'll post some comparison measurements this eve.

15. mojahanafiah

mojahanafiah Active Member

I manage to fit in with thin sock..my toes are fine, only the narrow width make it a lil bit weird to tie the laces..probably to to stretch them first using shoe tree and mink oil..

16. linafelt

linafelt Well-Known Member

Cheers, any pics would be much appreciated!

17. mothball

mothball Well-Known Member

My first pair of White's:

[​IMG]

Black Roughout/Black Dress. Vib 430, close trim, no celastic toe. The Arch-Ease is going to take some getting used to, but I'm really happy with these.

2 people like this.
  18. b-ewing

b-ewing Well-Known Member

^^ very nice! Standard hight block heel? It's a little hard to tell

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  19. the shivman

the shivman Well-Known Member

Naw, that's definitely cuban.

1 person likes this.
  20. mothball

mothball Well-Known Member

Ah, sorry, man. Standard height Cuban heel. Thanks!