• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brian Itzaina

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the insight on the smokejumpers.
I decided and I am putting my order through today.

Huge shout out to Kyle at Bakers for all the help!

White's Smoke Jumper Standard Last
  • Toe Vamp Leather: Brown Smooth
  • Toe Cap Leather: None
  • Celastic Toe Box: Single
  • Steel Toe: No Thanks
  • Heel Counter Leather: Brown Smooth
  • Height: 12"
  • Upper (Shaft) Leather : Red Dog Smooth
  • Leather Liner: No Thanks
  • Sole Trim: Standard Trim
  • Top: Rolled
  • Back Stay Leather: Red Dog Smooth
  • Pull Loop: Yes
  • Eyelet Color: Brass
  • Eyelet Configuration : Hook and Eyelet
  • Top Garment: Hook
  • Lace Design: Lace to Toe
  • Lace: Leather
  • False Tongue: Red Dog Smooth
  • Sole: Vib 430
  • Half Slip: No
  • Heel Shape: Curve
  • Heel Height: Standard
  • Last: Standard
  • Midsole: Double
  • Midsole/Edge Color: Natural
  • Size - Length: 8.5
  • Size - Width: D
2682189129.png

Last edited:

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@meso, Looking real good man! I really like the look of the standard trim on the non-cap toe SDs

That the standard block heel, not lowered, correct? Also, 269 soles?

Yup, standard block heel. Double stitched edge.
Bought them on ebay from whitesriver so I don't have full info on the features...
They looked way different before this first reno application!
I'll have to beat them on up again... just finished wearing them for 2 1/2 weeks in London, Dublin, Oxford and Belfast.

Last edited:

Okal

Reaction score
Brian -- I can hardly wait to see the actual boots. They will look great.

Meso -- Your boots show how nice CXL can look. Hope you got a good price from Whitesriver, but those boots are worth paying full price. I prefer Cuban or lowered block heels, but I can't find any fault with your boots, except that they aren't my size.

Allan

Junior Tan

Reaction score
@Brian - Is lace to toe supposed to look like this or there's something wrong with the picture?

Brian Itzaina

Reaction score

@Brian - Is lace to toe supposed to look like this or there's something wrong with the picture?
The build a boot website does not comprehend lace to toe as far as the photo adapting to your chosen selection.

b-ewing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

[SIZE=10pt][COLOR=000000]Hey, dose anyone hear know about the White's Boots "Vintage" boot? They seem to be a fair starter boot for $319. It looks sort of like an 8'' CXL semi-dress, but with brass rivets.[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt][COLOR=000000]Thoughts?[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt][COLOR=000000]http://www.whitesboots.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30474[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt][COLOR=000000] [/COLOR][/SIZE] Picture is from Sturdy-web
I scoped these as well... Not fully made in USA. For a few bones more, go for the total package ;)

Last edited:

4characters

Reaction score
I scoped these as well...

Not fully made in USA. For a few bones more, go for the total package
wink.gif
What?!? I thought that all White's boots were made in the USA. Which part isn’t?
If I can confirm this I will cancel my order with bakers and get SDs in navy CXL.
Thanks for the info b-ewing

Last edited:

b-ewing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@4characters, if I am wrong I deeply regret post that, but from what I can remember these are not 100% "Made in USA" (meaning its made here, but not enough to get the made in usa flag) eg partially assembled elsewhere, perhaps the footbeds, or lasts? If the boots come with the American flag they're 100% legit, if not then theyre partially built here.

Can anyone else confirm or dispute this? I try to stay out of slandering business when I can! :)

Last edited:

4characters

Reaction score
Last edited:

4characters

Reaction score
pls update with White's response. But I did remember Kyle or somebody giving me an explanation as to why they were cheaper (and being because of how they're made)
will do.
smile.gif
I think I will also call White's.

4characters

Reaction score
While I was on white’s website I came across something that's pretty fun… White's boots Corporate Partners....
pretty cool site.

“This website represents
61,171 American Jobs
1,301 Businesses”

http://www.usaonly.us/Default.aspx

Okal

Reaction score
I've been holding off wearing my new HH SDs until I could find a day I could keep them on my feet all day without walking around too much. So, today, the 4th of July, was the day! Fireworks and celebration all around! The boots are breaking in nicely, but I can tell my feet are "breaking" in also to accommodate the boots. I'm a little sore at the end of the day, and the boots are definitely starting to form around my feet, so both of us have been bent out of shape by the day's experience. The nice part is that the boots fit snugly around my feet without being too tight, except where some curved parts of my feet need to reshape the boots to mold them to the protruding foot features. Another few days of wearing the boots should get them somewhat comfortable, but I know it will be months before i can say "they fit like an old pair of shoes." I was worried that my tracings, measurements and comments might not provide enough information for the shoe makers to figure out exactly what I needed. How greatly I underestimated those skilled craftsmen! Somehow, they got everything precisely right, including fashioning the build so the lace holes are still plenty far apart when the laces are pulled tightly to close the boots snugly around my feet. That has always been a problem for me, and the White's people (through Baker's) heard my concern and made the boots fit me properly. The arches hit my feet at exactly the right places and fully support them on the bottoms. Although the foot beds were initially somewhat irregular in their contours against the bottom of my foot, the moisture, heat and pressure of wearing the boots all day began to smooth out the beds and conform them to the soles of my feet. I thought I would have to spend far longer beginning the break-in of the boots and would need to change into a more comfortable pair of shoes after the first couple of hours, like the White's instructions told me, but I managed to make it through the entire day, instead. Whether I wear the boots again tomorrow is still an open question, although I think my feet will be feeling fine again by morning.

The horsehide is remarkably beautiful leather that is worth the extra cost. Everyone who has seen my boots comments on how gorgeous and well made they appear to be. Getting the HH is a decision I would never change. It looks perfect on the semi-dress boots, especially with the plain cap toes. These boots look very nice with slacks and a jacket -- and even a tie, when I'm forced to wear one. Of course, the boots look great with jeans or other casual long pants. I'll get some pictures up soon. Now I need to start putting together an order for a pair of White's Packers.

Allan

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads