• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EgliComet

Reaction score

These just arrived. 10" Dress Brown SJ. Kyle at Baker's is the BEST to deal with.

sleepy94

Reaction score
Man, those look good!

Andy B.[/quote]

Thanks Andy! they have served me well and are the most comfortable pair of footwear I own.

roknrolusa

Reaction score
thanks for the info.....I'll play the vid. Could we be seeing some new sights before long...i'm smiling
cheers.gif

Okal

Reaction score
Finally got my HH SDs today. They look so much better than in the pictures, and the leather even smells great. The fit seems to be spot on in every way. As Baker's and White's suggested, a 12.5 length with C ball and B heel width works well on my feet. As always when heavy leather is used and curved pieces are made from flat materials, there are lots of hard spots than need to be molded and formed to my feet. I sure wouldn't want to go on a long trek with the boots for awhile, or even try to wear them for more than a couple of hours at a time the first few days. I know they will break in well and conform to the shape of my feet as if the boots were custom made for me -- oh, wait, they were! I'll try to figure out how to post pictures soon.

EastWest - I finally found your site. Thanks.

Allan

Last edited:

tigerpac

Reaction score
Awesome, congrats - thinking about HH SDs down the road myself. What was your wait time?

tigerpac

Reaction score
Absolutely... trying to figure out a general idea of how long they're running now.

Friday will be 13 weeks for me
censored.gif

kenucklehead

Reaction score
Hello Everyone. I was hoping for help with leather choices. What I want is a durable, darker (but not super dark) brown cowhide. I've gotten several samples from White's but so far, the only one I've seen close to what I'm looking for is the Brown Chromexcel. Photos on Baker's and White's show a classic brown, a dress brown, brown smooth. I plan to use it in combination with the distressed brown. I've gone through several photos in this thread already but alas, I'm still unsure.

Can anyone post comments and photos of your choices and comments regarding your choices? Whatever help you can provide would be appreciated!

Okal

Reaction score
My wait time was exactly 14 weeks to the day. I love the leather. The color is darker than what I thought it would be. Just beautiful. Everybody who has seen the boots think they look great, even my wife and daughter who didn't think they would like the boots. I'm sure there are lots of other strikingly good-looking leathers, but this brown horsehide is as nice as any leather I have seen for boots, including shell cordovan, which is amazing stuff itself. It will definitely take some time to form the boots to my feet, but that will happen sometime over the next few days or weeks. It will be this weekend before I can figure out how to post pictures. First, I actually need to take the pics! Thanks to everyone here for input on making my choices. The boots turned out very well. Now to plan for my next pair of White's.

Allan

tigerpac

Reaction score
Congrats man - sounds like a job well done, enjoy em!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics