• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score
Just love’n these Red Dog Bounty Hunters so far. It’s weird that when I first started researching Whites this was the first leather I crossed off the list.. no way was that gonna work for me. Too red, looks weird; why would they even make that awkward leather. Who even buys it..? Not gonna be me, especially with a stupid name like “Red Dog”

anyways, honeymoon phase aside pretty sure this is my favorite pair outright. I hereby proclaim Red Dog as the most underrated leather Whites has to offer

62113EC1-7AF3-46B7-9B6C-7C75F1B07C05.jpeg

klank74

Reaction score
There was some talk a couple months ago about different color stitching. These arrived today and are a standard build but with khaki stitching. It reminds me of the contrast stitching on a couple of my vintage Filson wool jackets which I really like.
I really like the look of the contrasting stitching! I might have to steal this idea for my build. Is this brown dress?

montanamike

Reaction score
I really like the look of the contrasting stitching! I might have to steal this idea for my build. Is this brown dress?
It is. I will hopefully have a black elk tan with white making its way through in the next few weeks. The khaki and dress brown is a tad more subtle I imagine.

klank74

Reaction score
It is. I will hopefully have a black elk tan with white making its way through in the next few weeks. The khaki and dress brown is a tad more subtle I imagine.
I used to have some redwing chukkas in their charcoal rough and tough leather that almost looked dark blue when oiled. I loved the look of them with their contrasting khaki stitching.

I think white stitching will look pretty killer on the black.

smartbrother

Reaction score
Oh, that does look nice. E-mailing Baker's now to add that to my order 👍🏽

klank74

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to place an order for my first pair of whites with Baker's next week and have a few questions. I feel bad emailing him so much as I know they are undermanned and spread pretty thin right now, so i though I would ask you guys first.

First, Kyle sized me at a 12EE left and an 11.5EE right with an instep adjustment for both since I have low insteps. He never mentioned what last that was on, but I'm assuming the 55 since I originally mentioned that I'm looking at going with either the bounty hunters or semi dress. I have emailed him with that question, will hopefully hear back monday. Anyways, since an instep adjustment for my low insteps is necessary, do you guys think the 38 swing last might be an option? I'm one of the weirdos that thinks thinks that last, with a toe cap, actually looks good. I know that last has a smaller instep, so thats why I was wondering if it would work.

I'm pretty sure I've decided to go with the semi dress for my first pair, and want to go with brown dress. After seeing montanamikes contrasting khaki stitching on his, I wanna go for that option. I think I will go full eyelets since its a 5" boot, antique hardware, regular toe cap, cream liner, possibly a rolled top, and brown edge dressing. That brings me to my second question. Since I'm 6' 5", 320lbs ( I'm working on it!:))I was considering going with a double midsole , but I really had my heart set on the commando sole, which in my opinion, would be to much leather and make the midsole look way to chunky. Plus, I'm pretty sure I remember reading that the commando isn't possible with a double midsole. So, do you guys think a single midsole combined with the commando sole would give me the extra support I'm looking for? My other option was a double midsole and the composition half sole, as I want an unbroken heal stack.

And finally, do you guys think a whites logo on the semi dress would be to much, if they would even do it? I really like the the old school logo they switched to, but I've never seen the semi dress done with a logo on it, and I'm not even sure it would look right on them.

klank74

Reaction score
I forgot one more. I'm hoping to place an order for work boots in red dog next spring. Bakers lists red dog oiled and red dog smooth? Whats the difference, or are they the same thing?

montanamike

Reaction score
I forgot one more. I'm hoping to place an order for work boots in red dog next spring. Bakers lists red dog oiled and red dog smooth? Whats the difference, or are they the same thing?
Same as far as I know. Baker's would likely save a few questions tidying up the leather choice lists.

ThreeLions

Reaction score
Just love’n these Red Dog Bounty Hunters so far. It’s weird that when I first started researching Whites this was the first leather I crossed off the list.. no way was that gonna work for me. Too red, looks weird; why would they even make that awkward leather. Who even buys it..? Not gonna be me, especially with a stupid name like “Red Dog”

anyways, honeymoon phase aside pretty sure this is my favorite pair outright. I hereby proclaim Red Dog as the most underrated leather Whites has to offer

View attachment 1414174
Those red dog boots with the natural sole edge look fantastic. Really nice boots.

But.... why, oh why does White’s do this with their toe caps? If you zoom in on the above picture, you can see where the micro creasing is starting to form (in the toe cap!!!). That is where the toe cap should end. There should never be creasing within the toe cap. I just don’t get why they make them this long.

To me, a toe cap does two things. It thickens the leather at the toe for extra protection, and it allows flexibility and creasing in the vamp for comfort, while providing a smooth area that will take a shine without creasing.

I love White‘s and they are almost exclusively my only foot ware (the only exceptions being tennis shoes or sandals). But I just don’t get why they do this.

rustygold

Reaction score
Hello to everyone, I have question about sizing issue. Maybe anyone experience same problem. 2 pair in size 8D and 2 pair in size 8.5D all boots look like same length. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.