1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Whacky, Jan 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

Yes they will. Kyle is excellent to work with.

1 person likes this.
  2. 4characters

4characters Senior member

Agreed

3. 4characters

Just found a week calculator; Put in the date and it tells you exactly how long it’s been!
    Right here: http://www.easysurf.cc/ndate2.htm

Example: since Jul. 8th I have been waiting exactly 59 Days -- or -- 8 Weeks and 3 Days...

4. HDPolarbear

HDPolarbear Active Member

I created an account on buildaboot the exact date I ordered the boots. The order was submitted to white's on the same date.

Don't need a calculator for that since they count the days when it started.

Just passed my first week. :) long way to go.

1 person likes this.
  5. cwmi

cwmi Well-Known Member

I placed my order with Kyle on June 28th, and received a shipping update with tracking number yesterday. So one day shy of 10 weeks. Looks like I will receive them on Wednesday.

Can't wait to get them !!!

Custom Semi Dress - Chrome Excel Leather
    Last Standard, Sole Vibram Composition Half Sole, Size - Length 11, Hardware Antique Eyes & Hooks, Edge Brown, Upper (Shaft) Leather Natural Chrome Excel by Horween, Midsole Double, Pull Loops No Thanks, Leather Liner Cream, Sole Trim Close Trim, Toe Vamp Leather Natural Chrome Excel by Horween, Size - Width D (medium), Toe Cap Leather Toe Cap (only available on plain toe style), Celastic Toe Box Single Celastic Toe, Heel Base Standard

The sole I ended up with is a the Commando mini lug half sole.

1 person likes this.
  6. meso

meso Senior member

Received my SDs in dark brown today.
    Forgot how much shorter the slant heel makes the boots!
    Like 12" with slant heel vs. 13" with block heel.

7. meso

meso Senior member

Or you own a calendar :satisfied:

8. 4characters

Nah, counting every day takes too much time and mental effort…

9. meso

meso Senior member

It's a little-known secret that weeks and months have consistent numbers of days :deadhorse:

10. 4characters

Wise guy!

1 person likes this.
  11. andy b.

andy b. Senior member

I think your question was indirectly answered by CWMI, but yes, Baker's will send an email when the order ships with the tracking number. They don't send any other emails unless you contact them, and if you call White's or Baker's they will give you a standard generic answer of 8-10 weeks since the order was received, even if you call every week. I can't say how I know this. :laugh: Andy B.

1 person likes this.
  12. tavoz

tavoz Active Member

Guys thanks for all your help about sizing. I can make a call to Kyle with reliable infos now.

13. meso

meso Senior member

First day out with stock SDs in dark brown.

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  14. b-ewing

b-ewing Senior member

15. Okal

Okal Well-Known Member

It's a good-looking pair of boots! Can't go wrong with Dress Brown SDs.

Allan

16. Brian Itzaina

Brian Itzaina Well-Known Member

Picked up some lexol today and ordered and received my obenaufs last week. Got started cleaning on the left boot today. Going to oil them with obenaufs after. Right boot [​IMG] [​IMG] Left boot (I began cleaning with lexol). [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. 4characters

I’m thinking about getting something like these brown smooth lace to toe smoke jumpers, but in 10’’. I think the bounty hunter may be a more fitted boot due to the SD last, but I’m not sure. What difference does the SD last make? I am also on the wall about getting a sole like in the picture or a composition half sole.
    I have some navy SDs coming, but I want a pair to use as my daily beater shoes.
    What you guys think?

Brian--- boots looking nicely worn in!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  18. Brian Itzaina

Brian Itzaina Well-Known Member

Thank you for the compliment @4characters

I am wondering if anyone on here may have experience with cleaning natural cxl? I started cleaning my left boot as photographed above. I am using lexol leather cleaner and having great results so far. I paused while cleaning the left boot as I worried myself since I've never really done this and want to avoid creating damage. I still can find a lot of places on left boot (like on the outside toe near the sole) but stopped. let me know if I am looking good so far.
    Thanks,
    Brian

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  19. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

what color polish do you guys who own the color brown dress recommend?

20. cwmi

cwmi Well-Known Member

After a 10 week wait my first custom ordered pair of White's arrived yesterday. My other pair where purchased from Ebay. These came out exactly like i wanted. The leather color, sole and everything are perfect. Sizing was very close, i normally wear a 10.5/11 and my first pair of White's are supposedly a 11D so i sent my tracings in and got a recommendation to go with a 10. I haven't worn a 10 since high school so i went with an 11D. In reality i could have went with a 10.5, these are a little roomy. Not too bad just a little bigger than my other pair. They measure about 1/4" larger. Had them on all day today, i really like the Commando mini lug sole vs the leather on my brown SD's. I will be boxing those up and sending them to Baker's to have those soles changed. The CXL does seem to scuff easy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.