• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dublinpremium

Reaction score

discomute

Reaction score
International shipping of packages appears to be closed. (Thank God I got my boots a few weeks ago). Could affect some people here.

Sledge42

Reaction score
@discomute
Which Country do you reside?
Was this a decision to disallow packages from the US as decided by your government because of safety precautions?

discomute

Reaction score
@discomute
Which Country do you reside?
Was this a decision to disallow packages from the US as decided by your government because of safety precautions?

Australia. Not just US but all international packages. For whatever reasons letters will still make it but it will be up to six weeks.

The article says things as similar in the US but I don't know that for a fact.

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pretty much MDO wax in neutral for HH. I did put some VSC on prior to this though for some actual conditioning.
Other than that, just a good brushing now & then.
When you start with quality leather, minimal treatment with good products is all that is required. Your HH is very nice looking... the character really shows through!

I wish more people understood that just keeping shoe trees in your boots, not wearing the same pair two days in a row, cleaning off obvious dirt and mud, and brushing with a HH brush is like 90% of the battle in boot longevity and keeping them looking good.

Last edited:

Elk Wrath

Reaction score
Ayyy new bounty hunters arrived today. Ordered February 26.

7 inch, standard heel, all in British tan, antique hardware, with celastic toe and plain toe cap.

Attachments

• 12D6F477-12FC-48FD-9038-BEA5D5FA8A76.jpeg
    12D6F477-12FC-48FD-9038-BEA5D5FA8A76.jpeg
    555.3 KB · Views: 223
  • 6E143BE6-34E8-4EC5-8759-6816F8400D10.jpeg
    6E143BE6-34E8-4EC5-8759-6816F8400D10.jpeg
    629.4 KB · Views: 232

wordfool

Reaction score
On another note... has White's ever offered a sole option that's somewhere between the Vibram 430 and 100? I keep seeing that Truman Itshide commando sole and wishing for similar on a Bounty Hunter. I have 430 soles on my Red Wings and I find them pretty useless grip-wise, but the 100 full-lug sole would be total overkill while the commando half sole is too soft and shallow to have any decent longevity IMO.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads