• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

iamntbatman

Reaction score
Iamntbatman - also interested in trying out natural veg tan; could you share where you got your belt? Also looking for a wallet in it, any suggestions? TIA
The belt is from a company called Don't Mourn, Organize! It's their harness belt - you can choose the weight of the leather, the buckle style, color (including natural), and width. They also have horsehide belts in 9oz leather, including in natural. He makes a wallet in natural Essex leather as well, but I like more minimalist wallets so folding ones like that are out of the question for me.

Here's the belt. The first image shows how monstrously thick it is compared to my Pigeon Tree Crafting belt (he also makes nice belts, but more expensive and not as ludicrously overbuilt).

Legal Eagles

Reaction score
Got my new boots today, my last day of work. After everything that happened there, plus the general unease of the quarantined life, it was great to get something that had no issues. Fit was perfect, I've definitely locked in my size. I'm real happy with all my choices, the soft toe and toe cap, 7 inches, the colour and material was what I hoped for. Goes well with beige chinos, that I love to wear (lighting in my house is shocking so excuse the pic, they are a shade or two lighter in real life)

View attachment 1361343

They are beefy too, I mean noticeably beefier than my main streets. So overall it's a good start with them. That tongue takes some getting used to!
Also supporting the Hangar Project I see...

ZenSilk

Reaction score
I would absolutely love to follow the evolution of those boots. I've fallen pretty hard for the natural vegtan thing. I have a watch strap that has gone from nearly white to an oily acorn color that's just lovely, and just the other day I got a ridiculously thick natural vegtan belt (it was listed as 16-17oz leather, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's actually heavier than that...it's about 7.5mm thick!
You got it! I have a whole plan being hatched for them! Starting with a nice sun-tan...

miggyramone

Reaction score
Got my new boots today, my last day of work. After everything that happened there, plus the general unease of the quarantined life, it was great to get something that had no issues. Fit was perfect, I've definitely locked in my size. I'm real happy with all my choices, the soft toe and toe cap, 7 inches, the colour and material was what I hoped for. Goes well with beige chinos, that I love to wear (lighting in my house is shocking so excuse the pic, they are a shade or two lighter in real life)

View attachment 1361343

They are beefy too, I mean noticeably beefier than my main streets. So overall it's a good start with them. That tongue takes some getting used to!
what's the build? haven't been around here in a while.

chicken1616

Reaction score

View attachment 1361343

A perfect all around boot. If you only had one pair......

wordfool

Reaction score
On the subject of the MP boot, I'm curious how folks find the heel of the Barrie-based last fits compared to the 55 last of the SJ/SD. I know the toe is sleeker, but the heel is always the achilles heel (ahem) of boot fit for me. Thinking of a ordering a partner for my SDs and am torn between the MP and Bounty Hunter.

Quack Attack

Reaction score
Since I have some extra time on my hands - wanted to see if people would be interested in matching belts for their boots?

Obviously wouldn't be able to offer all of White's leather selection, but maybe top 5 colors? CXLs, British Tan, distressed is what I'm thinking.

Thoughts?

What's important to people in a casual/jean belt? Lined, stitched, buckles, snaps/rivits/Chicago screws?

MikeLimaPapa

Reaction score
Since I have some extra time on my hands - wanted to see if people would be interested in matching belts for their boots?

Obviously wouldn't be able to offer all of White's leather selection, but maybe top 5 colors? CXLs, British Tan, distressed is what I'm thinking.

Thoughts?

What's important to people in a casual/jean belt? Lined, stitched, buckles, snaps/rivits/Chicago screws?
Definitely interested. Nothing fancy for me. No stitches or lining, but I do like teardrop holes. Chicago screws or rivets are good. Having different buckle options would be great: roller buckle, 2 prong, 1 prong, etc.

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thoughts?

A good idea. I think with boots I would want a plain sort of heavy duty belt, Chicago screws, and most of all a square buckle.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.