1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Whacky, Jan 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. redstyle

redstyle Member

Subscribed! Love my Whites boots!

2. 4characters

4characters Senior member

First day of class, no boots… still only at week 5…

If you are waiting for your boots and feeling depressed about the long days and months of waiting watch this video. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

I didnt even get to week one yet

4. cwmi

cwmi Well-Known Member

I'm at week 7... should be any day now !

5. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

i'm hoping the gods will be shining down and i get mine at week 6 :) we all know kyle is the man reason why most people in this thread order from him. :bigstar:

6. b-ewing

b-ewing Senior member

Guys don't get too excited. Tigerpac's took like 14 or so weeks!

1 person likes this.
  7. cwmi

cwmi Well-Known Member

Damn, really ?!? The first 7 went by relatively fast, another 7 won't be the end of the world.
    I see Bl@ster's Brown Bison SD's are still available.. it's going to be hard to hold back from buying those !

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  8. b-ewing

b-ewing Senior member

Dude, if you're Blaster's size, you pull out your credit card and go nuts!! :D

9. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

They'd look great on you. And I just dropped the price.

10. cwmi

cwmi Well-Known Member

I know and just saw the price drop. Oh so tempting. You see it's not that i let my wife dictate what i do. It's just i can't come up with a good excuse for needing another pair of White's while I've got a pair on order and only three month's after buying my first pair of "these will last a lifetime" boots. Along with another custom 1911, the shotgun i just had to because it was on the ban list, some Steel Flame jewelry, some Rev Hartz jewelry, some more add on's our Polaris RZR just had to have and on top of that a damn transmission in my truck. It's been a rough year so far. I just can't come up with a good excuse....

ah, hell....do you take Paypal?! Just kidding, although if they are still available in the next few weeks i might not be able to hold back.

11. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

cwmi sign up for bill me later on paypal and pay the man. :nodding:

1 person likes this.
  12. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

Having a shotty is great and all but let me show you the beauty, the suppleness, the downright intoxicating smell, the glorious texture of this Brown bison:

[​IMG]

And yes, I take Paypal.

13. cwmi

cwmi Well-Known Member

LOL, Bl@ster you've got to stop! When i ordered mine it was down to the Bison or natural CXL.

14. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

Cwmi now you can have one right now and the other when it arrives. May i suggest taking up a part time job to help with the addiction?

15. HDPolarbear

HDPolarbear Active Member

I used this to measure the size of my feet which is accurate as long as you print the paper to the correct scale.
    http://www.allenedmonds.com/wcsstore/AllenEdmonds/Attachment/content/size_and_fit_guide.pdf

I found out that I'm sized between 8 - 8.5, D but closer to 8. Looking to get a Semi-Dress Boot.

Could someone who finds their White's Semi-Dress super comfy try measure their feet and post your feet size and Boot size?

So I would know whether should i upsize, downsize or stay TTS.

16. sleepy94

sleepy94 Well-Known Member

My foot is an 8.5 D on the brannock but I wear an 8 in most work boots including whites. Most times, and what i think sometimes gets overlooked is there is a degree of fine tuning which can be achived with something as simple as a thicker or thinner sock and if needed something like a spenco insert. the reason whites and other workboots tend to run a little big is exactly for this reason. Having lived in the Pacific northwest and having worn heavy wool socks I can say that extra room is needed. Here in Texas i tend to wear thinner socks so I'm fine sizing down a little.
    also socks and spenco is way less expensive than trying to recoop your money through selling and then having to order another pair.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  17. HDPolarbear

HDPolarbear Active Member

Since I'm going to wear the boots with thin socks, should I downsize too?

18. 7018

7018 Active Member

Does anyone actually use their Whites for real work? My daily work boots, custom SmokeJumpers

[​IMG]

19. sleepy94

sleepy94 Well-Known Member

I was fortunate enough to have lived in Eugene and was able to go directly to Baker's boots to get my foot traced and fitted by them. Best sizing advise I can give is to call and talk to them, or message Kyle at baker's, or talk directly to whites. We all have unique feet and though our advice can give you a starting point they actually handle way more boots than any of us will ever see. Talk to them get their advice and follow it. With Whites it's important that your foot sit in the right spot because of their amazing arch ease system (which i love) socks and an insert can help a little to fine tune the fit but are not going help with a total size difference

20. Ada111

Ada111 Member

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013