• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

mogili222

Reaction score
Lots of reviews and photos out there to Google and check out. But here are two updates from Reddit that include Initial Impressions links and then post wear images.:

The second post was my pair that I sold when I got another pair with toe caps. Not unglazed though. Regular natural shell

^Unglazed natural shell, which of course will age much more and faster than anything else.
Here is an update I did for natural shell pair

Reddit link

miggyramone

Reaction score
So a woodsman would be used on BH, SD, 350, etc. Logger on Smoke Jumper and Farmer/Rancher and Packer on Packer boots. Did I get that right? Been wondering this lately.

Legal Eagles

Reaction score
So a woodsman would be used on BH, SD, 350, etc. Logger on Smoke Jumper and Farmer/Rancher and Packer on Packer boots. Did I get that right? Been wondering this lately.
No one is really sure what a "woodsman" is... it is just a madeup word like Wyoming.

Because the heels on BH, SD, 350, Logger and SJ are all tapered but curved, I would use "logger" then specify the type of heel cap...

Packers are tapered but straight, so I would use "packer".

Or just use Cuban for any tapered heel to differentiate from a 90 degree heel...we know what you mean!

miggyramone

Reaction score
No one is really sure what a "woodsman" is... it is just a madeup word like Wyoming.

Because the heels on BH, SD, 350, Logger and SJ are all tapered but curved, I would use "logger" then specify the type of heel cap...

Packers are tapered but straight, so I would use "packer".

Or just use Cuban for any tapered heel to differentiate from a 90 degree heel...we know what you mean!
haha thanks haha

PACostag

Reaction score
Sweet. Are the tongues shell? If they have pull-up loops made of shell, I would suggest you not use them unless they are lined. Do they fit like your calf boots or are they just a little bit bigger? Shell typically isn't lasted as tight as calf.
nope. They’re CXL. I’m totally anti pull loops, and lucky they don’t have them. I find that they actually fit a bit tighter than normal - I have dress socks on since I found my typical boot sock a bit too tight - maybe because shell doesn’t stretch much? I’m new to shell footwear, my first pair, but I’m on the fence for buying more. Totally happy with this pair

andy b.

Reaction score
Whites all come with the curved, tapered logger heel unless you request a 90 degree block heel. The height of the heel determines how noticeable the curve is.
The only "Cuban" heel, the straight taper, is the pointed toe Thoroughbred Packers.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.