• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Crit_Obs

Reaction score
Question on maintenance: where do you ragged lot shop for your replacement quabaug heels, any recommendations?

Better yet, any suggestions on alternative heels to use? Quabaug seems to wear faster than I'd perhaps prefer.

Legal Eagles

Reaction score
if you're a size 11D and want some sweet looking shell semi dress, some brown ones just appeared on the bay for $700 (or best offer!)
Close by no cigar... when they come up in Whisky Shell, 38 Swing, 11.5EE, with medallion cap toe... I am on it. I am not holding my breath...

Legal Eagles

Reaction score
Question on maintenance: where do you ragged lot shop for your replacement quabaug heels, any recommendations?

Better yet, any suggestions on alternative heels to use? Quabaug seems to wear faster than I'd perhaps prefer.
Whatever my cobbler has in stock... usually Vibram... I use Blakey's segs so the heels do not wear much at all... plus I click when I walk.

miggyramone

Reaction score
A cobbler on reddit recently reviewed rubber heel caps. He seems to like Vibram's 700 heels. I'm curious to try those next time I need heel caps.

Woodtroll

Reaction score
Whatever my cobbler has in stock... usually Vibram... I use Blakey's segs so the heels do not wear much at all... plus I click when I walk.
I have good luck with these two replacement heels, and the folks at Leather Care Supply are good to deal with:

They say they are "cowboy heel" replacements, but they are very similar to the Quabaugs.

Good luck!

discomute

Reaction score
Close by no cigar... when they come up in Whisky Shell, 38 Swing, 11.5EE, with medallion cap toe... I am on it. I am not holding my breath...
I didn't think you'd like shell... No patina and no need for a waxing routine... Seems very anti legaleagles to me...

Legal Eagles

Reaction score
Oh great, another seemingly mundane object to research and investigate.

I mean thanks! How do you size these things?
I always get the ones with the integral nails - so I go for a size 8... tap it into the heel to get it started, then step down on a hard surface to seat it.D2026F0B-4CA7-4BB2-8CAA-A6C5ACD01A16.jpegAA1D79DA-06EF-48AF-8862-85436361F25E.jpeg

Last edited:

Legal Eagles

Reaction score
I didn't think you'd like shell... No patina and no need for a waxing routine... Seems very anti legaleagles to me...
Whisky shell... how else am I going to get a tan-ish dress leather from Whites? These are not Whites but you get an idea of what I dream may someday be possible...
1582319371795.jpeg

It is not a unicorn... it has been done and could be done again:
1582324001160.png

More here...

I am thinking group buy... who is with me?

Last edited:

PACostag

Reaction score
you could always check out Viberg - here's their latest and greatest:

Legal Eagles

Reaction score
you could always check out Viberg - here's their latest and greatest:

That has to be a joke... right?

Last edited:

discomute

Reaction score
You can shine shell...and the color variations and evolution of shell (short of black) is legendary...
I've never owned it, I was just going off what Kirby Allison said. Yes you can shine of course but he said there is virtually no need for it. He said there was no patina because it's a membrane not a skin (i.e. not technically leather).

I'm not sure what you mean by "evolution" and I'd be interested. Again, I claim no expertise, I was just reciting what someone said who I thought would know. Doesn't mean I've fully understood what he meant either.

Edit: If anyone is interested

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.