• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

PACostag

Reaction score
if you're a size 11D and want some sweet looking shell semi dress, some brown ones just appeared on the bay for $700 (or best offer!)

Crit_Obs

Reaction score
Question on maintenance: where do you ragged lot shop for your replacement quabaug heels, any recommendations?

Better yet, any suggestions on alternative heels to use? Quabaug seems to wear faster than I'd perhaps prefer.

Legal Eagles

Reaction score
if you're a size 11D and want some sweet looking shell semi dress, some brown ones just appeared on the bay for $700 (or best offer!)
Close by no cigar... when they come up in Whisky Shell, 38 Swing, 11.5EE, with medallion cap toe... I am on it. I am not holding my breath...

Legal Eagles

Reaction score
Question on maintenance: where do you ragged lot shop for your replacement quabaug heels, any recommendations?

Better yet, any suggestions on alternative heels to use? Quabaug seems to wear faster than I'd perhaps prefer.
Whatever my cobbler has in stock... usually Vibram... I use Blakey's segs so the heels do not wear much at all... plus I click when I walk.

miggyramone

Reaction score
A cobbler on reddit recently reviewed rubber heel caps. He seems to like Vibram's 700 heels. I'm curious to try those next time I need heel caps.

Woodtroll

Reaction score
Whatever my cobbler has in stock... usually Vibram... I use Blakey's segs so the heels do not wear much at all... plus I click when I walk.
I have good luck with these two replacement heels, and the folks at Leather Care Supply are good to deal with:

They say they are "cowboy heel" replacements, but they are very similar to the Quabaugs.

Good luck!

discomute

Reaction score
Close by no cigar... when they come up in Whisky Shell, 38 Swing, 11.5EE, with medallion cap toe... I am on it. I am not holding my breath...
I didn't think you'd like shell... No patina and no need for a waxing routine... Seems very anti legaleagles to me...

Legal Eagles

Reaction score
Oh great, another seemingly mundane object to research and investigate.

I mean thanks! How do you size these things?
I always get the ones with the integral nails - so I go for a size 8... tap it into the heel to get it started, then step down on a hard surface to seat it.D2026F0B-4CA7-4BB2-8CAA-A6C5ACD01A16.jpegAA1D79DA-06EF-48AF-8862-85436361F25E.jpeg

Last edited:

Legal Eagles

Reaction score
I didn't think you'd like shell... No patina and no need for a waxing routine... Seems very anti legaleagles to me...
Whisky shell... how else am I going to get a tan-ish dress leather from Whites? These are not Whites but you get an idea of what I dream may someday be possible...
1582319371795.jpeg

It is not a unicorn... it has been done and could be done again:
1582324001160.png

More here...

I am thinking group buy... who is with me?

Last edited:

PACostag

Reaction score
you could always check out Viberg - here's their latest and greatest:

Legal Eagles

Reaction score
you could always check out Viberg - here's their latest and greatest:

That has to be a joke... right?

Last edited:

PACostag

Reaction score
the fact that it's "sold out" goes to show that people will buy whatever they make. Scary amount of power for a bootmaker to have...

Next stop, fish slippers - Flippers!

shoes.jpg

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.