• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks to this forum and some Internet searching I ordered and just received a pair of white boots. I’ve been wearing them for 4 to 6 hours per day and I know it’s gonna take a while for them to break in. They’re not uncomfortable but they’re not totally comfortable yet. I was just wondering I noticed that on the sole some of the
stitching is starting to wear thru. I wear the mainly indoors at work. Is it a problem if the stitching gets totally worn through? It has the dainnite rubber sole

here is the build from bakers

White's Military Police Service Boot
  • MP Leathers: Cinnamon Waxed Flesh
  • Toe Cap: Vintage 4-row Toe Cap
  • Sole: Dainite Sole
  • Celastic Toe Box: Single Celastic Toe
  • Hardware: Antique Eyes & Hooks
  • Logos / Embossing: Yes - I want standard logos and embossing!
  • Size - Length: 13
  • Size - Width: D (medium)

• before...
  • View attachment 1338710
    View attachment 1338710

• and after

• View attachment 1338711

Er, I think there's an informal ban on naked foot pics here... (Nothing personal!)

chicken1616

Reaction score
Yeah, it seems like hardcore workwear is generally about finding a balance between affordability/replaceability and toughness. Look at all the Carharts, Dickies, etc. When I've seen discussions online about wearing boots like White's for actual rough and filthy work, it's often among workers who have been around the block a few times and have foot problems. I would think that cheap boots with orthotics would be just as good, but some of these guys seem to swear by the $$$ boots. No idea how common this is.

When I have something rough or filthy to do, I put on something like an old pair of blundstones. Ones that have gotten too beaten up for casual wear. With a good insole they're supportive, they're insanely comfortable, and they take a beating (until they fall apart ... replacing them costs about the same as a White's resole). These boots get a double life, first as casual and then as beaters. I can imagine doing the same thing with White's, but they'd enter the beater stage after having been rebuilt a couple of times ... that's a long life cycle. For the most part, I'm not going to buy $500 boots to abuse them.
I had some Plantar F. in each foot separately, and used the White's for their support. It works very well for that, but I know enough about it now, that good orthotics will do enough to combat it. Wearing White's for casual use reinforces that.

chicken1616

Reaction score
Another thing, also. Those boots, with the 100 sole, steel toe, and met guard are HEAVY. Swinging that much weight off of the end of your leg all day may exacerbate knee issues. Just a thought. I would honestly never wear the 100 sole, unless doing heavy work. I had a couple of pairs I got rid of for casual wear, simply for that. I am happy now having access to the new Magnum 430 sole, and the 269 for a "dressier" look.

Netvine

Reaction score
Another thing, also. Those boots, with the 100 sole, steel toe, and met guard are HEAVY. Swinging that much weight off of the end of your leg all day may exacerbate knee issues. Just a thought. I would honestly never wear the 100 sole, unless doing heavy work. I had a couple of pairs I got rid of for casual wear, simply for that. I am happy now having access to the new Magnum 430 sole, and the 269 for a "dressier" look.
Where can I find information about magnum 430 sole?

miggyramone

Reaction score
I am loving the results I'm getting form Venetian Shoe Cream. It goes on easy, buffs out easy and leaves the leather looking shiny and hydrated. Doesn't darken as much as Saphir either. Anybody else use VSC on here?

Turns31

Reaction score
I am loving the results I'm getting form Venetian Shoe Cream. It goes on easy, buffs out easy and leaves the leather looking shiny and hydrated. Doesn't darken as much as Saphir either. Anybody else use VSC on here?
It's my favorite stuff. I rarely use anything else.

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

miggyramone

Reaction score
^You think I could get a top view pic of any of your 38 wing last boots with a medallion toe?

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^You think I could get a top view pic of any of your 38 wing last boots with a medallion toe?
Sure thing mate, no worries...
48AEA5F7-4FED-4D4F-B83B-D582A9F37B16.jpeg
B611D036-405D-40EA-BC2D-C4C39041187D.jpeg
76C0CF23-69A9-4B43-83BD-83CB6667356A.jpeg
61BE1D69-83E5-46CE-8912-AD85A4DBA57A.jpeg

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score
You can use it on waxed flesh to restore it to factory condition, or on rough-out to make it look like waxed flesh...

I’ve got to disagree with this. I never found that original post on Reddit to be that compelling & my first hand experience verifies it.
WF is very unique leather out of the box & the finish, once worn to a RoughOut state is incredibly difficult if not impossible to restore.
When new, the surface is very flat & smooth. The original color is easily identifiable. Most importantly, it has a very shiny yet matte/polished look.
It is my suspicion that heat & some sort of iron is used to apply the wax at the tannery. I imagine to be like waxing ski’s or a snowboard. I would guess the product used is clear/neautral/opaque wax that promotes the dyed color of the leather.

I would advise folks who are considering Waxed Flesh to search out pics of it in a very worn state. If you really like that look, buy it. If you’re in love with the new look, you may be in for disappointment.

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve got to disagree with this.
No problem, all I can say is I have tried it and I liked the result... reasonable minds can differ an of course YMMV... I did admittedly use a lot of VSC...

WF is very unique leather out of the box...
Since we are getting things off our chests, I have got to disagree with this... ;)

Last edited:

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score
Liking the look and returning to factory are not the same in my eyes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads