Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Custom Trousers in Hong Kong?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Humbucker, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Humbucker

Humbucker Member

I'm going to be in Hong Kong next week and I'd like to get some trousers made. I actually have a pair of casual pants that I really like the fit of that I want to have cloned with a few modifications (higher rise, slightly longer inseam). My budget is 1000HKD/pair or less. I know Jantzen makes shirts for a good price, but will they be a good choice for pants as well? Any other recommendations for HK tailors that will make good pants for a reasonable price?

2. mrchapel

mrchapel Senior member

Hopefully he sees this thread, but if not, PM member Luk-Cha; he possesses a wealth of knowledge on what's available in the tailoring world over there.

3. dah328

dah328 Senior member

Jantzen will make trousers in that price range for local customers. They're not on par with the top HK tailors, but they are a good value for their cost.

4. Humbucker

Humbucker Member

The pants were from H&M so there weren't particularly high quality to begin with. I like the cut though, so I want to have a couple pairs made that will stand up to a couple years of regular wear.

I'll PM Luk-Cha. I've read many of his posts using the search function.

5. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

thanks for you pm! i have answeed i think/ hope most of what you wanted to know! dress pants will come-in at around HK $500-1000 depending on fabric, but of course if you go with the big brands then you will also pay there premium too, but i would go to any of the indian/ pakistani tailors in tst but dont go to the 1's which are being touted as their will add 10% too. i have already pm'ed you my recomendation!

have fun!

6. pfr0g

pfr0g Senior member

I used:

http://www.petersoweb.com/

for trousers when I was there 4 years ago and was happy. I am sure luk-cha's recommendations are better since I only went to HK twice and hovered around the Intercontinental most of the time.