• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Custom summer fun shirt

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"I once wore a pink, ruffled shirt for dinner, and I wish I had never done it. I thought it was funny, but I felt so bad in it I realized I don’t have the humor to deal with ugliness." -Jean Touitou

I think that applies here.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
"I once wore a pink, ruffled shirt for dinner, and I wish I had never done it. I thought it was funny, but I felt so bad in it I realized I don't have the humor to deal with ugliness." -Jean Touitou I think that applies here.
Not really, sounds like ol' Jean didn't know any better, mine was specifically worn for light hearted, summer fun. You might want to try it sometime.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. As a fan of the Simpsons, I certainly like the concept.

However, I'm curious to see how it would look on someone wearing it. The concentration of images near the very top (around the collar area) could potentially make the wearer look rather odd.

I'd never ever wear it, but I like it!

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Metlin
Interesting. As a fan of the Simpsons, I certainly like the concept. However, I'm curious to see how it would look on someone wearing it. The concentration of images near the very top (around the collar area) could potentially make the wearer look rather odd. I'd never ever wear it, but I like it!
The pattern matching actually tames it down more than if it were poorly executed but it's a loud shirt. It's for a garden barbeque or watching a baseball game with friends and goes well with khaki shorts or jeans.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
stop in for a Sandwich at Eisenberg's coffee shop on 5th and 22nd st.
Take a look at what Josh the owner is wearing. You can't miss him.
he is 6' 4" 280.
theme prints have included
sock monkey
tweetly bird
other assorted children's novelty prints.
Giant cups of coffee

Beafsteak tomatos
sexy girls in ski outfits.

These make your simpson shirt look tame!

Carl

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FUn intent perhaps but I'm afraid it looks like something from a cheap booth at an amusement park I'm afraid... as worn by a man twice his normal gut allowance.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
FUn intent perhaps but I'm afraid it looks like something from a cheap booth at an amusement park I'm afraid... as worn by a man twice his normal gut allowance.

Great. I think i put it up more to showcase the tailoring construction and pattern matching more than worrying about whether people like the subject matter or would ever wear it. I have hundreds of shirts but only one like this.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Feel fortunate that you haven't displayed the impeccable workmanship of your cowboy shirt. Then you'd really see the assholes crawl out of the woodwork.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Reaction score
Pity the short sleeves do not have a turnback cuff.

Then, it would be perfect.

- B

Connemara

[URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']
Reaction score
Will it be worn with the rabbit vest on those crisp summer nights?

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Concordia
Feel fortunate that you haven't displayed the impeccable workmanship of your cowboy shirt. Then you'd really see the assholes crawl out of the woodwork.
I dont feel anything about this, i didn't make the shirt. I have my life style and other people have theirs. If someone wants to go to a garden picnic or a sports bar wearing a pink ruffled evening shirt, then that's great for them. personally, I know where to wear a shirt like this. I love clothes, not just just uptight ones. Also, i know the effect of clothes and this shirt delivers. It might help one to imagine it in place of a tshirt or sweat shirt, then you ould see it as dressing up, rather than down. I think I know the cowboy shirt you are referring to and the workmanship falls short of that displayed here.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know it's meant to be 'fun', but personally I think it falls short of whimsy and lands in tacky...

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My shirtmaker found some vintage American print fabrics from the '50s and made a couple of shirts for herself that are not dissimilar to this one. They were well enough received by some of the clients wives that she searched out more material. I probably wouldn't wear one, as it isn't really my personality, but I do think that there is some charm in a really well done graphic, or Hawaiin style, shirt.

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like I'm in the minority here. I'd wear it.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 31 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 276 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.6%
  • 31 - 40