• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom shirts in NYC?

AESOP

Reaction score
I guess the destitute bespoke
laugh.gif
makers can always supplement their income by selling undies and socks.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AESOP
I guess the destitute bespoke
laugh.gif
makers can always supplement their income by selling undies and socks.

I think if you're going to diss someone on this board you should at least have the balls to do it with your regular screen name.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alexander Kabbaz
I would have better phrased it that his goal is to f*** the shirtmaker out of his hard-earned recompense.

If the customer is clear up front that he is planning to order one shirt, or whatever the minimum number of shirts is, and he is not intentionally misleading the maker, I don't think this is all that bad. Perhaps he can only afford 1, or 3, or 6 bespoke shirts, but needs more than that. I don't think it's his responsibility to worry about the maker's profitability. He's not "f*** [ing] the maker out of his recompense." He's meeting the terms of the deal. And if the maker is losing money on an order, perhaps he should be charging more.

crazy.gif
Wait, did I just say that?
lookaround.gif

AESOP

Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
I think if you're going to diss someone on this board you should at least have the balls to do it with your regular screen name.

you are wrong...this is the very first post on this board. And my point was valid...even if it had a slight edge to it.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you are wrong...this is the very first post on this board. And my point was valid...even if it had a slight edge to it.

I see. I guess I stand corrected then.

Alexander Kabbaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the customer is clear up front that he is planning to order one shirt, or whatever the minimum number of shirts is, and he is not intentionally misleading the maker, I don't think this is all that bad.
I agree with you completely.

Apparently Monster does not:
Originally Posted by Monster
OMG! THEY WILL RECOGNIZE ME BY MY ANONYMOUS INTERNET ID WHEN I WALK IN THE STORE!!!! OMG YOU ARE RIGHT!! WHY AM I NOT AS SMRT AS YOU?!?!?!

AESOP: Thank you for your kind mention. Perhaps we might have a Zimmerli style to fit you?

CompendiumOfNew1p25.jpg

Copyright Â
00a9.png
2005 Kabbaz-Kelly

brescd01

Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder if this forum is about clothing or BEGGING THE QUESTION. You can send the most perfect shirt with the most perfect measurements, and your shirt may not come back right from Jantzen. And the issue isn't Jantzen's cheapness: I had the same problem with Bugelli. Working at a distance is imperfect. Just take your own measurements carefully, that is the best that you can do.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alex,

You are above such profanity, you are as elegant as the shirts you conceive and execute in an artistic, highly skilled manner, however plebeian as the request may have been.

In addition, I also like the hot girls in zims on your website.
sly.gif

Alexander Kabbaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Soph
Alex,

You are above such profanity, you are as elegant as the shirts you conceive and execute in an artistic, highly skilled manner, however plebeian as the request may have been.

In addition, I also like the hot girls in zims on your website.
sly.gif

Thanks, Soph, but I get just as ticked off as anyone else when someone tries a sleazy move. Especially when it obviously involves less costly fellows who can't afford it. If you think about it, I don't believe engaging my services was in Monster's plans.

And I like them too. Maybe I'll announce the time and location of next season's photo shoot.
devil.gif

AESOP

Reaction score
I can tolerate product shilling to some extent but the fotos are pretty cheesy.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the fotos are pretty cheesy.

I like them but then I'm easy to please.

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can tolerate product shilling to some extent but the fotos are pretty cheesy.

Maybe, but I can tolerate that sort of cheese any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by marc237
Maybe, but I can tolerate that sort of cheese any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

--- I like cheese. Yum. Cheese....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads