1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Custom shirts in NYC?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Monster, Apr 29, 2006.

1. AESOP

AESOP New Member

I guess the destitute bespoke [​IMG] makers can always supplement their income by selling undies and socks.

2. odoreater

odoreater Distinguished Member

I guess the destitute bespoke [​IMG] makers can always supplement their income by selling undies and socks.

I think if you're going to diss someone on this board you should at least have the balls to do it with your regular screen name.

3. chorse123

chorse123 Stylish Dinosaur

I would have better phrased it that his goal is to f*** the shirtmaker out of his hard-earned recompense.

If the customer is clear up front that he is planning to order one shirt, or whatever the minimum number of shirts is, and he is not intentionally misleading the maker, I don't think this is all that bad. Perhaps he can only afford 1, or 3, or 6 bespoke shirts, but needs more than that. I don't think it's his responsibility to worry about the maker's profitability. He's not "f*** [ing] the maker out of his recompense." He's meeting the terms of the deal. And if the maker is losing money on an order, perhaps he should be charging more.

[​IMG] Wait, did I just say that? [​IMG]

4. AESOP

AESOP New Member

I think if you're going to diss someone on this board you should at least have the balls to do it with your regular screen name.

you are wrong...this is the very first post on this board. And my point was valid...even if it had a slight edge to it.

5. odoreater

odoreater Distinguished Member

you are wrong...this is the very first post on this board. And my point was valid...even if it had a slight edge to it.

I see. I guess I stand corrected then.

6. AESOP

AESOP New Member

I see. I guess I stand corrected then.

yes...but feel free to sit down anytime! [​IMG]

7. Alexander Kabbaz

Alexander Kabbaz Distinguished Member

I agree with you completely.

Apparently Monster does not:
    AESOP: Thank you for your kind mention. Perhaps we might have a Zimmerli style to fit you?

[​IMG]
    Copyright Â[​IMG]2005 Kabbaz-Kelly

8. brescd01

brescd01 Senior Member

Sometimes I wonder if this forum is about clothing or BEGGING THE QUESTION. You can send the most perfect shirt with the most perfect measurements, and your shirt may not come back right from Jantzen. And the issue isn't Jantzen's cheapness: I had the same problem with Bugelli. Working at a distance is imperfect. Just take your own measurements carefully, that is the best that you can do.

9. Soph

Soph Distinguished Member

Alex,

You are above such profanity, you are as elegant as the shirts you conceive and execute in an artistic, highly skilled manner, however plebeian as the request may have been.

In addition, I also like the hot girls in zims on your website.[​IMG]

10. Alexander Kabbaz

Alexander Kabbaz Distinguished Member

Alex,

You are above such profanity, you are as elegant as the shirts you conceive and execute in an artistic, highly skilled manner, however plebeian as the request may have been.

In addition, I also like the hot girls in zims on your website.[​IMG]

Thanks, Soph, but I get just as ticked off as anyone else when someone tries a sleazy move. Especially when it obviously involves less costly fellows who can't afford it. If you think about it, I don't believe engaging my services was in Monster's plans.

And I like them too. Maybe I'll announce the time and location of next season's photo shoot. [​IMG]

11. AESOP

AESOP New Member

I can tolerate product shilling to some extent but the fotos are pretty cheesy.

12. Tomasso

Tomasso Distinguished Member

the fotos are pretty cheesy.

I like them but then I'm easy to please.

13. marc237

marc237 Distinguished Member

I can tolerate product shilling to some extent but the fotos are pretty cheesy.

Maybe, but I can tolerate that sort of cheese any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

14. Soph

Soph Distinguished Member

Maybe, but I can tolerate that sort of cheese any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

--- I like cheese. Yum. Cheese....

15. Cantabrigian

Cantabrigian Distinguished Member

I like them but then I'm easy to please.

[​IMG]