• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom Shirts in Naples... for a woman

rivercrosser

Reaction score
I am looking for some help/advice on the proper source for custom made shirts in Naples - the only catch is that I'm female. My wishes for shirting are fairly straightforward, but my measurements are, rather obviously, different. I'll be in Naples in about a month, might anyone have experience with this, or should I simply approach some of the tailors/shops found on this board and ask if they'd undertake this sort of work? Thanks in advance.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am looking for some help/advice on the proper source for custom made shirts in Naples - the only catch is that I'm female. My wishes for shirting are fairly straightforward, but my measurements are, rather obviously, different. I'll be in Naples in about a month, might anyone have experience with this, or should I simply approach some of the tailors/shops found on this board and ask if they'd undertake this sort of work? Thanks in advance.
Take this advice as you will, but I know that Rubinacci has done custom coats for women, for a fairly discerning customer, so I imagine that they could do good shirts for women as well. That, and the fact that there is a women's section on the website, albeit without any shirts, makes this a pretty good starting point. It's not the least expensive house in Naples, obviously, but it is reputedly one of the most reliale, which is important for an non-local customer.

Last edited:
G

Griffindork

Mina - the fitter an napolisumisura - is a woman, and while that doesn't necessarily mean she will be better at making a woman's shirt I would certainly recommend having a discussion with her. I've found the shirts to be decent quality for the price. But I'm no expert in Naples and some on this board are so hopefully they will chime in.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads