1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Custom Shirts in Naples... for a woman

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by rivercrosser, Apr 17, 2016.

1. rivercrosser

rivercrosser New Member

I am looking for some help/advice on the proper source for custom made shirts in Naples - the only catch is that I'm female. My wishes for shirting are fairly straightforward, but my measurements are, rather obviously, different. I'll be in Naples in about a month, might anyone have experience with this, or should I simply approach some of the tailors/shops found on this board and ask if they'd undertake this sort of work? Thanks in advance.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Take this advice as you will, but I know that Rubinacci has done custom coats for women, for a fairly discerning customer, so I imagine that they could do good shirts for women as well. That, and the fact that there is a women's section on the website, albeit without any shirts, makes this a pretty good starting point. It's not the least expensive house in Naples, obviously, but it is reputedly one of the most reliale, which is important for an non-local customer.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  3. Griffyndor

Griffyndor Senior member

Mina - the fitter an napolisumisura - is a woman, and while that doesn't necessarily mean she will be better at making a woman's shirt I would certainly recommend having a discussion with her. I've found the shirts to be decent quality for the price. But I'm no expert in Naples and some on this board are so hopefully they will chime in.

1 person likes this.