1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Custom Shirtmakers in Manhattan

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by 5thave, Mar 28, 2006.

1. mikeber

mikeber Senior member

Seize sur Vingt is THAT expensive! [​IMG] Christ! That seems very high for MTM. For that much, I'd go somewhere for full bespoke.
    Last time I checked:
    Charvet MTM shirts were $500-570 but no minimum order!
    Borrelli were $470 - 600
    Kiton, from $570 to 700
    T&A were $400-500, with a minimum order of SIX !!!
    Brioni, between $500-640 (dont recall their policy in regard to the min order).

2. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

For those prices one would better off patronising a local bespoke chemisier.

3. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

Last time I checked:Charvet MTM shirts were $500-570 but no minimum order!
    Wow, so I really am saving money living in Freedom...[​IMG]

4. Etienne

Etienne Senior member

Last time I checked:
    Charvet MTM shirts were $500-570 but no minimum order!

That's almost what they charge for bespoke here in Paris. Are you sure of that price?

5. mikeber

mikeber Senior member

That's almost what they charge for bespoke here in Paris. Are you sure of that price?
    I am not 100% sure about anything...[​IMG] However, that's what I recall from my last year inquieries. If anyone is seriously interested, please double check.
    I posted these figures in response to chorse123, who said that $300-400 at Seize sur Vingt is too expensive in comparison to other MTM.
    As we all know, everything in life is relative.
    Cheers!

6. A Y

A Y Senior member

Borrelli were $470 - 600

Borrellis are MTO, not MTM: you can patch together different body, neck, and sleeve sizes, like a Frankenshirt.

--Andre

7. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

That's more than their bespoke price in Paris. However, E, Charvet RTW in the states begins at $350 BEFORE sales tax (ie, American TVA), and quickly goes up.