• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Custom Linen-Cotton project

jonathan.bluestein

Reaction score
Good day everyone! :)

My name is Jonathan. I have a martial arts school in Israel. I would like to produce a new type of training jacket for my martial arts students. The following is a prototype design. I have two pieces of the item in question in my possession, which I previously ordered from China:

Picture 1 | Picture 2 | Picture 3 | Picture 4 | Picture 5 | Picture 6

(below are attached close-ups of the fabric itself)

I have found a seamstress who can make me the jackets, with modifications. It needs to have stronger seams and a thicker fabric. My only difficulty had been obtaining this particular type of fabric, which I was hoping that you might be able to help me with.

The fabric which I desire appears to be a heavyweight linen-cotton blend of some sort, possibly of a type used for upholstery. It is soft and pliable, yet also strong and resilient. Heavyweight 100% cotton canvas, often used in martial arts uniforms, is too rigid when thick.

In any case, I would very much appreciate if you can help me find:

1. Whether there is a standard commercial name for that sort of fabric.

2. Where it would be cheap and easy to purchase such fabric online (I need it in pure white, dark blue and black).

Many thanks in advance for your kind assistance!

Sincerely yours,

Jonathan.

Attachments

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.