1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Custom jeans?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by SField, Jan 19, 2009.

1. SField

SField Senior member

I really love those shiny dark Nudies I see all the kids wearing and when I went to buy a pair at Barney's, they were too short for me. I'm a bit tall and they kind of hovered above my ankles... the dude said I might be too tall for most jeans... I've been wearing these PDCs but I don't like them at all, they just happened to be kind of long.

So, is there someone who makes really cool jeans on a custom basis? I like stuff that's pretty fitted (but not too tight around the calf - I'm not a punk), and I like the pretty sticthing on the back of the Nudies, but not the hideous stitching on Evisu.

Can someone do this for me? I don't mind paying but I really would set the limit at like $1000 maximum for a pair. I'm guessing it will cost as much as a bespoke pant?

2. robin

robin Senior member

What's your inseam? Nudies can be found in a 36", though they've gotten rare lately.

3. xchen

xchen Senior member

The Stronghold in LA.

4. Jbreen1

Jbreen1 Senior member

You can just get like 3 or 4 pairs of really nice japanese jeans with long inseams. How long were those Nudies? And you can contact Jean Shop. I know they used to make custom jeans for sure.

5. SField

SField Senior member

What's your inseam? Nudies can be found in a 36", though they've gotten rare lately.

I need just about that, maybe even a little longer. I'm a freak. [​IMG]

6. confab

confab Well-Known Member

Check out the Ooe-Yofukuten thread on SuFu. The cut may not be what you're looking for (their jeans are repros from the 40s to 70s) but you can customize fabric, thread, add custom pocket stitching, specify inseam, etc.

7. ringring

ringring Senior member

The Stronghold in LA.

Agreed.

8. Silverback

Silverback Senior member

Check out the Ooe-Yofukuten thread on SuFu. The cut may not be what you're looking for (their jeans are repros from the 40s to 70s) but you can customize fabric, thread, add custom pocket stitching, specify inseam, etc.
    Very nice. Thank you.

9. jbm7777

jbm7777 Senior member

Ande Whall makes jeans with VERY long inseams. Up to 40"+, I'm sure there will be something in there that you like because they have a lot of different fits. I'm not too sure about the shiny fabric but the denim is Cone Mills selvedage and top quality. Single needle construction and quality hardware. Check him out. http://andewhall.bigcartel.com/

10. BrettChaotix

BrettChaotix Senior member

There are plenty of brands that have longer inseams (I'm in the same boat as you, if it's shorter than 36" it doesn't look right)

Acne - you'd want to look at the Max Raw's with 36" inseam
    Dior - MIJ raws have a long inseam (37?)
    APC - My New Cure's run about 36"
    Flathead - I think the 310 and 380 would work
    SugarCane - my SCxSE06 are 37" after a hot soak

11. keikun13

keikun13 Senior member

Imperials have a 38" inseam don't they? I would check them out.

12. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

i find the Dior cut very flattering, and they come with a 38 inseam.

13. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

I have a pair of Earnest Sewn selvage jeans with 38 to 40 inch inseams. Either the Kyrre or the Rotton cut. It's a slim/skinny jean, I think the extra inseam was for cuffing or stacking. I've never worn it, as I've got large legs and it looks kind of disproportional on me.

They were all over ebay 3 or 4 months ago, so you might find them.

14. kiya

kiya Senior member Affiliate Vendor

We've probably got the biggest selection of jeans that would be long enough for you..
    Go here: www.selfedge.com/shop
    And here are some jeans you can look up:
    Imperial Duke = 38"
    Imperial King = 38"
    Flat Head SE05BSP = 40"
    Flat Head F380 = 39.5"
    Dry Bones Red-D = 40"

15. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

rougeterritory in american rag, karl makes some killer shit. waiting for him to finalize his production stuff so i can get an indigo warp/weft jean.

16. insomb

insomb Senior member

Does anyone remember an old thread that showed photos of the process of making custom jeans? I've been looking for it for like 30 mins now.

17. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

18. insomb

insomb Senior member

19. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

I don't mean this http://hypebeast.com/forum/showthrea...t=custom+jeans or the ande whall thing that got deleted, looks like... I believe it was a one man operation that showed him cutting. Anybody have further information...

What, exactly, did that thread have that the one I posted lack? The one I posted has the entire denim making process from a guy who has been hand constructing jeans most is his life and hundreds of super detailed pics with commentary.

20. CrispyDuck

CrispyDuck Well-Known Member

What, exactly, did that thread have that the one I posted lack? The one I posted has the entire denim making process from a guy who has been hand constructing jeans most is his life and hundreds of super detailed pics with commentary.
    http://doublevolante.ti-da.net/ ^^That's also the blog of the guy featured in the thread that SP posted. Not many actual construction details, but lots of cool photos/ideas etc. S'also in Japanese, so you have to run it through a translator and sort of make due with what it gives you.