• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom colored tie ? Need blue/red/orange stripe pattern

bill123

Reaction score
Hello StyleForum members

I am looking for a high quality tie in this color pattern, to wear at a job interview. This company prides applicants who "do something zany" and I am considering wearing a tie with this pattern.

southwest-airlines-graphic_2x.png

Can anyone assist me in locating one ? I looked at Jos A Bank as first choice and did not see anything close.

Thank You

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would hope that you would not find such a thing; it looks absolutely hideous and even if a company likes the "zany", I'd put someone out of the door on principle for bad judgement unless they convinced me otherwise. Try Hober or more likely Capelli to see if either has a more civilised equivalent.

You don't say what trade the company plies but try shorts or cut offs if you really believe that dressing like a clown would assist your candidacy.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello StyleForum members

I am looking for a high quality tie in this color pattern, to wear at a job interview. This company prides applicants who "do something zany" and I am considering wearing a tie with this pattern.

Thank You

You don't say what trade the company plies but try shorts or cut offs if you really believe that dressing like a clown would assist your candidacy.

The company is obviously Southwest Airlines, and I can well imagine they would appreciate someone who wore a tie with either their logo on it or was striped in their colors.

If you have time, I would definitely seek the advice of David Hober (of Sam Hober). Alternatively, you might scour the internet looking for SWA logo'd clothing. eBay, perhaps?

I fly SWA often and I appreciate the effort that the cabin crews put in to make the flights more tolerable. Good luck.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Or, then there's this: SWA tie

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
This is probably more than you wanted to spend, but it's just an example:

s-l500.jpg

It's E. Marinella and $152, but it was one of the first listings that popped up on ebay when I searched "red, blue, yellow stripe tie"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/E-Marinella...228717?hash=item51f81136ed:g:f0IAAOSwQPlV-3j-

Here's another:

s-l500.jpg

It's E. Marinella, $90.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-E-MARIN...746567?hash=item44041c67c7:g:DvMAAOSwfpVZI4~k

There are around 900 listings, you can almost certainly find something similar on the fly.

Good luck on the interview!

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is probably more than you wanted to spend, but it's just an example:

s-l500.jpg

It's E. Marinella and $152, but it was one of the first listings that popped up on ebay when I searched "red, blue, yellow stripe tie"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/E-Marinella...228717?hash=item51f81136ed:g:f0IAAOSwQPlV-3j-

Here's another:

s-l500.jpg

It's E. Marinella, $90.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-E-MARIN...746567?hash=item44041c67c7:g:DvMAAOSwfpVZI4~k

There are around 900 listings, you can almost certainly find something similar on the fly.

Good luck on the interview!
The lost art of using Google it would seem!

bill123

Reaction score
Thank you for the great information everyone.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads