• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

custom car interior

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you planning on just using the car for the track or will it be a daily driver?

-LR

MrGoodBytes

Reaction score
I do track it from time to time for the purpose of making sure the car is properly dialed in and that it is a capable car.

daily driver, no! It served that role dutifully 8 years and has been retired from active service. The suspension setup is on the outer limits of being able to be safely streetable and requires a lot of maintenance. The car does have a race clutch in it that is not exactly easy to manage in chicago gridlock traffic and probably wouldn't last long. Eventually I will tone down the setup and make it more user friendly (right now its kinda like a roller coaster ride, fun as hell but after a few minutes, you really just want to get off)

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds like fun, I assumed it was a track car, but I was a little confused as to why you were adding all the wood detailing to interior in a track car. What is your daily driver?

-LR

MrGoodBytes

Reaction score
its not so much a track car as upgrading the car so its current with today's standards. 170hp in a light car a decade ago was pretty sweet, today its starting to push 300. But working the track car image while I spend likely the next decade getting the rest up to snuff I think is the best route.

my dd? oh its pretty ballin! lol, no I drive a 2010 honda fit. A year ago I had 4 cars (and the woman had one), too many projects and WAYYY too much baggage. I don't know where I'm going to be in a year and I obviously already have one car that requires a rather high level of accommodations. You pick your battles.

MrGoodBytes

Reaction score
heres how I made the butcher block dash insert for those curious. cut out your cubes
w4di2.jpg
make a frame and glue up the rows, clamp them down, and come back in a few hours
w5ex4.jpg
now glue the rows together
w1jz0.jpg
w2jb4.jpg
remove
w3kv9.jpg
and sand to shape, going with the grain.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads